WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK REST

Week 3 = REGULAR

WORK WORK WORK WORK REST REST WORK

Week 4 = REDUCED

WORK WORK REST WORK WORK WORK REST

Week 5 = REGULAR

WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK REST REST

Why are both weeks 1 + 2 REDUCED :question:

Is it clear whether or not the reduced rests are being sufficiently “made up” for?

Thanks ROG

Week 2 day 6 is OVERTIME
( normally REST )

Thanks

mmeessii:
Thanks ROG

Week 2 day 6 is OVERTIME
( normally REST )

Thanks

You cannot do that overtime from the info given

You may be able to do it as a one off but to determine that I would need the last time you had at least 4 days off including a sunday midnight and then every weekly rest since that time

Cant you reduce 2 weeks in a row now untill 3rd oct? Needs to be followed by 2 regular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark1284:
Cant you reduce 2 weeks in a row now untill 3rd oct? Needs to be followed by 2 regular

NO
A regular weekly rest must be taken at least once in any 2 consecutive weeks

ROG:

mark1284:

NO

I’m sure there’s a temporary relaxation of drivers hours in force at the moment which actually went back to the old way of being able to take two reduced in a row and compensate by the third. I’d look but TBH there’s been that many over the last 18 months I can’t be arsed.

Conor:

ROG:

mark1284:

NO

I’m sure there’s a temporary relaxation of drivers hours in force at the moment which actually went back to the old way of being able to take two reduced in a row and compensate by the third. I’d look but TBH there’s been that many over the last 18 months I can’t be arsed.

There might be such a temporary relaxation of that rule but I have not seen it so I am going on the general rules when replying

The retained EU drivers’ hours rules can be temporarily relaxed as follows.

Either

the normally permitted increase to the daily driving limit from 9 hours to 10 hours (allowed up to twice in 1 week) is replaced with a permitted increase to the daily driving limit from 9 hours to 11 hours (allowed up to twice in 1 week). All other daily driving limits remain at 9 hours
OR

the requirement to take at least 1 regular weekly rest period of at least 45 hours in a 2-week period is replaced with an alternative pattern of weekly rest periods, as specified, and an increase to the fortnightly driving limit from 90 hours to 99 hours. This enables 2 consecutive reduced weekly rest periods to be taken

Ends 3rd oct

mark1284:
The retained EU drivers’ hours rules can be temporarily relaxed as follows.

Either

the normally permitted increase to the daily driving limit from 9 hours to 10 hours (allowed up to twice in 1 week) is replaced with a permitted increase to the daily driving limit from 9 hours to 11 hours (allowed up to twice in 1 week). All other daily driving limits remain at 9 hours
OR

the requirement to take at least 1 regular weekly rest period of at least 45 hours in a 2-week period is replaced with an alternative pattern of weekly rest periods, as specified, and an increase to the fortnightly driving limit from 90 hours to 99 hours. This enables 2 consecutive reduced weekly rest periods to be taken

Ends 3rd oct

So it is not in force at present

ROG:

mark1284:
Ends 3rd oct

As we’re still in the first week of September I’d say it is.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Isn’t there a caveat to it whereby if you do make use of temporary relaxations the company must have applied for dispensation? So it can’t just be used off the cuff to allow an extra shift here and there, it sort if comes under a company policy only after being approved first?

I’m not sure but then I’ve no interest I extending hours or reducing my time off so Facebook looked properly, I just remember something like that being mentioned.

Alot of supermarket and no doubt other firms don’t want you to use the relaxed hours. So if you drive 11 hours in one day you could get in serious doodoo.

Best bet is to see your companies policy before thinking of doing it.

Roymondo:

ROG:

mark1284:
Ends 3rd oct

I thought that was a consultation ending 3 oct :question:

Could do with a link …

ROG:

Roymondo:

ROG:

mark1284:
Ends 3rd oct

I thought that was a consultation ending 3 oct :question:

Could do with a link …

gov.uk/government/publicati … at-britain

I read someware if a company wants you to take advantage of relaxed hours.
The company has to apply 1st and explain why.

edd1974:
I read someware if a company wants you to take advantage of relaxed hours.
The company has to apply 1st and explain why.

I’ve seen the form they have to fill in for that.
Our company hasn’t done it.