Is this for real or just FAKE NEWS

aol.co.uk/news/cars-acciden … 26994.html

pierrot 14:
AOL is part of the Yahoo family of brands

TRUE - was on our local TV news

I would say its real.Its easy to think these people are crazy but my neighbour told me she needs fuel to get to work,nearly all the garages are run out so you can hardly blame her if she did something like this.She wasnt one of the original panic buyers but shes been drawn into it by the actions of others

Nothing surprises me how dumb people can be when faced by a crisis lol but yet stupid enough to waste fuel following the wrong type of tanker.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

“The man at the front… actually said 'You could have stopped and told us you weren’t a petrol tanker,” he said.

Lol. Sounds real to me

I could believe it if he’d said a car or even two cars followed him but about 20 cars is stretching the imagination too far for me :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry but I think it’s either complete bs or the story is greatly exaggerated.

It’s discussed in this thread

To me that sounds like a prime piece of trucker fiction

switchlogic:

So cynical. Next your going to tell me the two truckers I was speaking to in the drivers waiting room were not part of the SAS team that were apart of the Iranian Embassy siege.

adam277:

switchlogic:

So cynical. Next your going to tell me the two truckers I was speaking to in the drivers waiting room were not part of the SAS team that were apart of the Iranian Embassy siege.

No but they did just miss just check-in for the Herald…

Solution is to stop the idiots just “topping up” is to make it a minimum of £30 per purchase for fuel.

lolipop:
Solution is to stop the idiots just “topping up” is to make it a minimum of £30 per purchase for fuel.

How would that solve anything?
You think the stations are running out because lots of people putting a couple of litres in? How would that make the station run out?
I agree it would help the queues, but if the stations didn’t run out, there would be no queues.
They should put their prices up to £2 a litre or whatever it takes to still have fuel in their tanks when the next delivery arrives.

stu675:

lolipop:

You think the stations are running out because lots of people putting a couple of litres in? How would that make the station run out?
I agree it would help the queues, but if the stations didn’t run out, there would be no queues.
They should put their prices up to £2 a litre or whatever it takes to still have fuel in their tanks when the next delivery arrives.

Also a lot of motorcycles can not get £30 of fuel in their tanks :stuck_out_tongue:
My scooter only took like £5. 110cc
I think even my R1150GS 1150cc motorbike could not even take £30. (Maybe just)

adam277:

stu675:

lolipop:

Also a lot of motorcycles can not get £30 of fuel in their tanks :stuck_out_tongue:
My scooter only took like £5. 110cc
I think even my R1150GS 1150cc motorbike could not even take £30. (Maybe just)

Granted, but that would be petrol stations using common sense,they should know from past experience bikers do not fill up anything like a car or van.
When you get people filling empty water bottles and filling jerry cans or going in and only putting in £11.75s worth because they cant get anymore in the tank £30 would help deter the panic buyers.

toonsy:

adam277:

switchlogic:

It actually made me think of the loon in the Polkacrest lorry years ago who flew down the M1 at 80mph claiming his throttle was stuck open. Lorry drivers love a bit of drama

switchlogic:

toonsy:

adam277:

switchlogic:

It actually made me think of the loon in the Polkacrest lorry years ago who flew down the M1 at 80mph claiming his throttle was stuck open. Lorry drivers love a bit of drama

I wonder what happened to him

Nearly there again:

switchlogic:

Hes still going round the M25. He’s up to 90mph now

switchlogic:

Nearly there again:

switchlogic:

Hes still going round the M25. He’s up to 90mph now

:laughing:

stu675:

lolipop:

How about £3 a litre.
Altough theve still sold out shows how desperate some.are
. metro-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/ … 5353798%2F

My Mrs has been saying for years that most people are stupid beyond words, the longer i live and the more lunacy witnessed the more convinced she’s right.

Juddian:
My Mrs has been saying for years that most people are stupid beyond words, the longer i live and the more lunacy witnessed the more convinced she’s right.

She knows you so well :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: