is this discrimination??

I’ve worked for over 20 companies in the last six months!

Who did you do your hiab with and how much did it cost?

done it with emerald in deeside along with everything else so got a good dissy cost me £120. :smiley:

I must give him a call! I wish I had your job…

lol :smiley: :smiley: it is coming to HIAB time of year with the building trade picking up now. get it done now then your ready when it kicks off in march. :smiley:

I might just do that! Do Beers still use Merc wagons? What gearbox is in them?

Warren T. Claim:
Put it this way… If someone has been on an agencies books driving 7.5 tonners for a while with no trouble and then gets their class 2 do you think the agency would have any hesitation on sending them straight out on a class 2 job? Do you think the agency would rather give a class 2 job to someone who has just walked in off the street who happens to of had their license for two years? Be honest in your answer!

The agency would rather do the first but they may be restricted by their insurers to do the second.

The two year experience thing is a MYTH! just like the driver shortage! If it isn’t then how come agencies that told me to ■■■■ off last year are now willing to overlook that fact and give me work now? They can’t all of changed insurance companies.

Warren T. Claim:
The two year experience thing is a MYTH! just like the driver shortage! If it isn’t then how come agencies that told me to ■■■■ off last year are now willing to overlook that fact and give me work now? They can’t all of changed insurance companies.

Maybe they have to accept bigger insurance excesses which would not be good if things go ■■■■ up - have you asked them why■■?

ROG:

Warren T. Claim:

Maybe they have to accept bigger insurance excesses which would not be good if things go ■■■■ up - have you asked them why■■?

Yes, they told me they prefer to go with someone they know or can get a reference for regardless of how long they have held a license for.

The insurance thing is ■■■■■■■■. When I was an OD I could have taken on a newly qualified and/or an under 25 driver at virtually no cost to my insurance premium or increase to my excess. Another OD I worked with at the time, who ran 5 trucks, took on a newly qualified 23 year old female driver, her boyfriend already worked for him, and there was no extra on his insurance. The only stipulation was she was restricted to UK only work for the first 6 months, after that she could do European work with no extra premium.

Coffeeholic:
The insurance thing is ■■■■■■■■. When I was an OD I could have taken on a newly qualified and/or an under 25 driver at virtually no cost to my insurance premium or increase to my excess. Another OD I worked with at the time, who ran 5 trucks, took on a newly qualified 23 year old female driver, her boyfriend already worked for him, and there was no extra on his insurance. The only stipulation was she was restricted to UK only work for the first 6 months, after that she could do European work with no extra premium.

Thank you!!! :laughing:

Is this discrimination ? I followed the application instructions for a job I saw on the JC website,I rang the phone number and was asked for my name,address and date of birth,which by the way is 1961.No other information was requested and a I was told that someone would contact me.That was 2 weeks ago.No inquiries were made as regards my experience etc.,so obviously I was discriminated against because of my age.For my own amusement I will report it to the JC next time that I sign on.Personally I think discrimination is a good thing,at least you know whether you will even be considered for a job and perhaps save the cost of a stamp.

Deathstar:
asked for my name,address and date of birth

I think I am right in saying that they are not supposed to ask that !!

Of course they are not supposed to ask for it,I never put it on C.V.'s and the like, but it doesn’t take much to work it out from my employment history.I cant imagine that anyone could ask if I was a Muslim or Black or whatever and get away with it.Discrimination exists,it’s just life,how can you prove you were discriminated against ? All you will ever be told , if anything,is that you weren’t suitable or someone else was more suitable.I would just rather know up front what someone was looking for, and if I did’nt fit the bill,then I wouldn’t bother applying.

Im in the same situation, i passed my test 4 months ago and every agency i have spoken too has said 2 years experiance, luckly through a friend of mine, i have managed to get a couple of days a week as a spare driver, or double manning, so can,t complain im getting experiance i need and i have an experianced driver with me on some occasions.

Warren T. Claim:
I might just do that! Do Beers still use Merc wagons? What gearbox is in them?

slap over 4 over 4. i work at joseph parr in bootle. i done some work at beers on the agency. that was through hexagon. beers use them alot. :smiley: