Is this ADR?

Got into a disagreement with TM regarding a collection of the following:

Hydrocarbons liquid NOS
UN3295
PG.III
CLASS 3
2 x 25litre plastic Jerry cans containing 50kg total

I’m getting it as LQ7 which has a max container size of 5 litres and therefore needs ADR. TM believes this isn’t the case and so on.

Any experts care to clarify?

Small load threshold, awareness training etc. required

I’m far from an expert but as it’s over 5L it looks like full ADR. But it’s your boss who has the responsibility to tell you right from wrong on that. If he says it’s not then crack on. Could always ask at the shipper.

DJC:
I’m far from an expert but as it’s over 5L it looks like full ADR. But it’s your boss who has the responsibility to tell you right from wrong on that. If he says it’s not then crack on. Could always ask at the shipper.

I’d like to agree on last part as I’m going through similar and I know 200% I need marker and awareness.

Got told same it’s ok and any onus is on my company and shipper BUT it’s niggling away that now I’m aware of it being wrong regardless what they say, if anything happens does blame come my way as I’m aware it’s wrong?

To OP - I’d suggest you do same as I did and put question in writing to them, ask them to get their DGSA to confirm back, in writing, it’s ok to carry etc then you have discharged all your responsibility. Once I see my answer back in writing from my lot the niggling on my part stops [emoji4]

Kiowan:
Got into a disagreement with TM regarding a collection of the following:

Hydrocarbons liquid NOS
UN3295
PG.III
CLASS 3
2 x 25litre plastic Jerry cans containing 50kg total

I’m getting it as LQ7 which has a max container size of 5 litres and therefore needs ADR. TM believes this isn’t the case and so on.

Any experts care to clarify?

Hi Kiowan,

Sorry, but you’re getting LQs and the Small Load Threshold all mixed up mate.
:bulb: A 25L jerrcian is NEVER an LQ.

Your idea of LQ7 disappeared quite a few years ago, so wherever you got that info from is VERY out-of-date (and no longer valid.) :frowning:

The load you’ve described does not get anywhere near needing an ADR licence or orange plates etc, but you DO need 1 x 2kg ADR compliant fire-extinguisher and some documented informal ADR ‘awareness’ training (not an ADR course.)

You can rest easy mate, cos none of this is down to you. :wink:

GBPub:
Small load threshold, awareness training etc. required

This^^^ :smiley:

Depends entirely on your transport Category, Your TM is wrong it is ADR. Depending on which TC depends on which ADR you will need.

SteveGTG:
Depends entirely on your transport Category, Your TM is wrong it is ADR. Depending on which TC depends on which ADR you will need.

?

GBPub:

SteveGTG:

?

We will run that blue sky thinking up the flagpole, whilst synergising our core strategies, and multi layering customer expectations.

the nodding donkey:
We will run that blue sky thinking up the flagpole, whilst synergising our core strategies, and multi layering customer expectations.

■■■■ you man, I was just about to write the same! :wink:

SteveGTG:

Hi Steve GTG,

You’ve got me there mate, could you explain that please?

the maoster:

the nodding donkey:

■■■■ you man, I was just about to write the same! :wink:

Its a paradigm alignment.
:wink:

Yeah I suspected as much. :wink:

the maoster:
Yeah I suspected as much. :wink:

pmsl :laughing: