Is there a limit on meal allowances payments

the reason i ask is my pay this week shows up as
580.76 -taxable pay
72.90- non taxable pay[6 x-meal allowances of 12.15]
so as meal allowances are tax free would we be better off to have say a meal allowance of 25 pounds per day,i know the compancies wouldnt want to give you it straight out ,but whats the difference between
580.76-taxable pay 503.66-taxable pay

72.90 -non taxable or 150.00- non taxable pay[meal allowance]

its only costing the companies the same in wages but is saving us a bomb in tax, or am i missing something :question:

I think it’s like night out money, as in they can only pay you so much before part of it ends up getting taxed

there is no maximum. there are two agreed amounts of subsistance living allowance. sleeper and none sleeper cab rates.
these have a meal allowance included. quite often an employer will agree a rate for a meal allowance and other expenses with your tax office, it makes things much more simple than messing about with loads of petty receipts.

I think Night Out money includes an element for breakfast and evening meal.

As far as I can make out, companies can then pay an additional Two whole Earth Pounds (without receipts) for a midday meal.

So that’s a slice of toast and half a cup of tea for breakfast, half a Mars bar and a sniff of the baristo’s apron for lunch, and maybe a sausage and half a negg for tea.

Don’t go spoiling yourselves now :unamused:

Each companies meal allowance is set by their local tax office. Our company is only allowed to pay "2.50 meal allowance tax free. I know this as I was the one to sort it out with the tax office when I tried to get it raised from £2.00.

I think it is one hundred pounds a day if you are an MP ,Euro members get more because they like old wine with their food , this makes it more expensive…roll on the euro