Is there a bias against irish drivers?

I have been trying some months in uk for work for the past few months but to no avail, i have experience of both continent and eire - uk work. Is there a bias against irish drivers by Uk companies that I don’t know about, maybe its just very little international driving jobs going. Can anyone help on this. Bit confused. :confused: :confused:

Sorry to here about your problem df1.

As far as I know, there is no bias in particular. There are very few Euro driving jobs around at the mo, and it doesn’t look promising in the immediate future either. Its largely a matter of luck, being in the right place at the right time.

There are plenty of UK driving jobs available, but it varies wildly depending on where you are. At Truckfest in Edinburgh today, agencies where all recruiting offering about £8 an hour basic for class 1.

I don’t think there is a bias df1, just a couple of years ago 50% of the trucks passing through Dover were UK registered, now it is less than 25%.

No Bias against Irish drivers just an absoluetly massive bias in terms of EU and government regulations and taxes that make such an unbelieveble un-even playing field that its impossible for British companies to even compete in almost all sectors of international haulage. Like Coffee says, since 1989 the percentage of freight leaving Britain (through Dover) by road on British trucks has gone down from 50% to about 23% and that includes British trucks doing fuel runs to the continent and also out of that 23% you have to take into account that quite alot of those trucks will actually have an eastern European driver anyway.