Is their really a DRIVER SHORTAGE!

Hello all.

I was wondering is their really driver shortage?

I havent applied for jobs as of yet so i dont know the answer.

Cheers

Sorry but no, there is no shortage.
Just a shortage of chimps willing to work for monkey nuts!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=134451

Evil8Beezle:

Interesting article evil. when i search jobs in merseyside their are literally pages of recently added jobs.

Does it depend on which area you are in?

Mosey:

Evil8Beezle:

Interesting article evil. when i search jobs in merseyside their are literally pages of recently added jobs.

Does it depend on which area you are in?

Plenty of jobs about (In most areas), but they are probably all pretty crap and dressed up in the advert to look a lot better than they really are…
Salaries are generally quoted at a minimum of 48 hours, if not more… And often made up of night out bonuses, meal allowances and attendance bonuses. So the second you go on holiday, you’re probably almost on minimum wage! It’s not all like that, but suspect that covers the majority of the jobs you are looking at! Plus when you are a Newbie, you will only get the dregs that the experienced boys don’t want.
I’m not trying to put you off, just trying to make sure you go in with your eyes wide open…

Sorry!

Thanks for advice i will take everything on board.

Also, how many of those “jobs” are advertised by different agencies? Normally for the same post.

If their really were a shortage wages would rise - I don’t see wages particularly agency wages rising.

When you have an influx of cheap foreign labour their will never be a shortage.

Looks like ill have get out their and go to all companys near me and speak to transport managers and hope for a start.