"Is that on all night?"

Why do people ask this?

I was here first, it was on when I arrived and you chose to park near it!

I don’t generally park in services anymore but whenever I do I’ve usually got a load on and always get asked this question.

If the fridge is on now, why would it be off later?

Thanks contraflow.

Contraflow strikes again ,love it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Contraflow:
Most uninteresting post........ever - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

I can see this cropping up a lot in the following days, weeks, months and if coffee has their way YEARS :open_mouth: :unamused: :smiley:

Contraflow:
Most uninteresting post........ever - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

lol excellent guess this will be on permanent copy and paste for some people :smiley:

tell then to bugger off and get some ear plugs or move simple !

Would the moaning drivers that complain about fridges, turn off their freezer or fridge in their homes ?
Then risk giving their family food poisoning.
If a fridge on a lorry is running,it does that for a reason.
It could be pharmaceuticals worth millions.
A food load for a supermarket.
If a driver sabotaged the fridge by turning it off when the driver was sleeping,that is tantamount to manslaughter by killing a whole town with gone off food.
But the load would be refused as a modern frigo has proof of the temperatures.
If the frigo man got there first to park it is tough mammaries to the others.

I’ve drove fridges for years and years and never had a word said too me about the fridge running :confused: Even when inwasvtramping I didn’t,i always did my best to park out the way but itvwasntvalways possible.
I guess it’s a case of whether you look the type too take any notice of what others say or not :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Is the moaner a Scouse cabby looking guy?

I have often wondered if this bloke goes around different service areas just to moan at people with their fridge on, and more importantly - there already.

…I’ve also wondered if they’re in fact “casing the joint” with a view to parking their van with stirrup & oil drum alongside with the curtains closed, and helping themselves.
Kinda like those bods who ring your doorbell, and when you answer it, apparently surprising them, they “Ask you for the time” or “If you really want that car parked outside” in the classic mick accent…

toby1234abc:
Would the moaning drivers that complain about fridges, turn off their freezer or fridge in their homes ?
If a driver sabotaged the fridge by turning it off when the driver was sleeping,that is tantamount to manslaughter by killing a whole town with gone off food.

Straight to the top of the “silliest thing I’ve heard on this forum” list! :laughing:

I don’t understand why truckstops don’t provide plug in points for fridges? they are almost silent plugged in and could charge a cost equivalent to the cost of the cherry for 1 night, good idea IMO but no doubt they would soon be reversed over/parked on/pulled out

It could be sorted but would involve spending money, which most places don’t want to do.

sayersy:

toby1234abc:

Straight to the top of the “silliest thing I’ve heard on this forum” list! :laughing:

Be better if it said which town it was going to make the turn it off or not decision a bit more fun lol :grimacing:

Trubster you haven’t thought this plug in issue out have you.Thieves are already stealing our telephone cables for the wire doubt they
would stop at a fridge cable.As a fridge puller I am aware they can make fridges almost silent just a matter of cost but who gives
a toss about a load of drivers comfort during the twilight hours.

Armagedon:
Trubster you haven’t thought this plug in issue out have you.Thieves are already stealing our telephone cables for the wire doubt they
would stop at a fridge cable.As a fridge puller I am aware they can make fridges almost silent just a matter of cost but who gives
a toss about a load of drivers comfort during the twilight hours.

Yeah, BUT I am referring to the secure parking, where the diesel and cable fairies are non existent and parking is ample, with loads of tasty food and security patrols all night etc.

OK, I promise, I will return to the real world SOON… just 1 more beer :smiley:

sayersy:

toby1234abc:

Oh well in that case (but don’t tell Switchlogic ) but I have in the past turned of a fridge overnight so I must add to my list of heinous crimes … A) wilful abandonment of drowning illegal refugees to their fate and now B) the killing of a whole town full of it’s inhabitants, bloody hilarious an wont be able to sleep tonight worrying about it. Thanks Toby, you’ve made my day haha