Is that container company still going?

Just saw a post which reminded me when I used to go along the A14 pretty much every night and could never fill up at Cambridge because of drivers from a container company blocking every pump taking their 45s. Think they were from Birmingham somewhere, red Scania’s. Anyone remember the name and are they still going?

Pentalver, Bowmur as was… :sunglasses:

Bowmur, aye that’s them. They packed up now then? Good [zb] riddance! Right bunch of selfish and ignorant ■■■■■■■■■ they were.

Rob K:
Bowmur, aye that’s them. They packed up now then? Good [zb] riddance! Right bunch of selfish and ignorant [zb] they were.

Bowmur transport was bought out by Pentalver Transport a few years ago, most of the trucks are now blue, they still do have some red ones left

Sorry to hijack your thread chaps, but does anyone know who the ‘British Racing Green’ XF’s (no livery) that pull boxes out of Felixstowe belong to?

Express Pete:
Sorry to hijack your thread chaps, but does anyone know who the ‘British Racing Green’ XF’s (no livery) that pull boxes out of Felixstowe belong to?

possibly owner drivers, they used to belong to Carters Transport before they were taken over by Wincanton (i think)

Express Pete:

The un-liveried ones [58 plates] are Wincanton, and are all ex- W.Carter Haulage. Their liveries were removed when Wincanton bought them out.

If you pass Woolpit, just past J47 on the A14 westbound, you’ll see a load of them alongside the new blue ones in Wincanton’s yard there.

If you’re interested in W.Carters history, look here: Facebook Public Group | Facebook.

Rob K:
Bowmur, aye that’s them. They packed up now then? Good [zb] riddance! Right bunch of selfish and ignorant [zb] they were.

gotta agree with you there Rob, ive had a couple of run ins with a convoy of 'em, they allways ran around in groups of 4 or 5 or more. First time i saw a Pentalver motor i thought it said pantyliner, thats what i still call 'em today when i see 'em.