Is Tesco now part of the Maritime group?

all Day long were they pulling Tesco Trailers

don’t know , but i seen a lot of ‘BULL transport’ pulling a lot of tesco trailers along the M4 & M5, just plain white volvo units with bull on the door, only ever used to see them pulling fridges & curtainsiders , usually FH units , but also a few FM on the tesco trailers

No like my hauliers they sub work from tesco and I believe container work slows down this time of year.

haven’t maritime got the contract to split containers down that come in and then send out whats required to each rdc :question: :question: :question: :question:

MolePower:
don’t know , but i seen a lot of ‘BULL transport’ pulling a lot of tesco trailers along the M4 & M5, just plain white volvo units with bull on the door, only ever used to see them pulling fridges & curtainsiders , usually FH units , but also a few FM on the tesco trailers

They were pulling tesco trls when Chepstow was open rumour has it that both TM’s of tesco and bulls are golfing buddies don’t know if there is any truth in it though :smiley:

Do they self-unload, and backload with rubbish before self-unloading that at the rsu?

…These guys might be covering regular staff who are having trouble getting in to cover the normal shifts - cos of the snow! :confused:

Maritime have been in with tesco since the last bout of snow when they apparently put 300 trucks in there as the tesco drivers didnt wanna go out in the snow :unamused:
I dunno weather there devanning or not yet but i understand this was in the pipe line when i was there, an they do have that big warehouse down at tilbury now so its quite possible.

wildfire:
haven’t maritime got the contract to split containers down that come in and then send out whats required to each rdc :question: :question: :question: :question:

yes they have,they also have a large proportion of the distribution work,I was told 1/3 of Tesco work,but i cant see that to be true,probably driver b.s.
its been quiet on containers for 2 or 3 years now and since aquiring the container side of DHL and undercurting lots of other container firms to win most of the major shipping lines work they are just expanding and expanding into general
started a couple of years ago pulling fridges and curtainsiders on store deliveries for Tesco out of Purfleet and Nursling,since then they have gone into distribution work (curtainsiders),they also rail stuff out of the railport in Tilbury after aquiring that from Carters.

Bikemonkey:

wildfire:

yes they have,they also have a large proportion of the distribution work,I was told 1/3 of Tesco work,but i cant see that to be true,probably driver b.s.
its been quiet on containers for 2 or 3 years now and since aquiring the container side of DHL and undercurting lots of other container firms to win most of the major shipping lines work they are just expanding and expanding into general
started a couple of years ago pulling fridges and curtainsiders on store deliveries for Tesco out of Purfleet and Nursling,since then they have gone into distribution work (curtainsiders),they also rail stuff out of the railport in Tilbury after aquiring that from Carters.

i thought wincanton took over dhl :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

wildfire:

Bikemonkey:

wildfire:

i thought wincanton took over dhl :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

Nope wincanton took over carters (dark green fleet), maritime took dhl an just to add more fire elite took over mattews an turners took over dart :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thetaff:

MolePower:

They were pulling tesco trls when Chepstow was open rumour has it that both TM’s of tesco and bulls are golfing buddies don’t know if there is any truth in it though :smiley:

Read about Harper & guy in another osting.H&G had on there Website before Xmas Photo from Golfing with Tesco Welham Manager.
May be a sign for success to work for them?