is it

is it illegal to listen to an ipod while driving?
the excuse is you cant hear low air warnings
how do deaf drivers get licence?

pigpen:

It’s not illegal but in my opinion not wise or good practice as you can’t hear what’s going on around you if you have ear plugs blasting music into both ears.

pigpen:

No.

pigpen:

Bit of a crap excuse as low air warnings are accompanied by a visual warning such as a light of message on the dash.

pigpen:

Same way everyone else does, by passing a test. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: I used to work with a stone deaf driver many years ago. You risked serious injury if you got in his truck to move it as he always had the radio up full blast so he could ‘listen’ to it. Trouble was he always forgot to turn it off at the end of his shift and when you turned the ignition on your ear drums started bleeding. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue:

The best way to do it is to plug it in to a pair of mini speakers.Which is what I do as my brand new unit hasn’t got a jack so I can plug it into the sound system.
you can also make an MP3 disc using your music library on your computer. You can get an awful lot of music on one cd this way, apparently. I haven’t tried it yet but I might have to if thhey don’t fit me an ipod station.I am assuming you have got a cd player in the cab

knight:
The best way to do it is to plug it in to a pair of mini speakers.Which is what I do as my brand new unit hasn’t got a jack so I can plug it into the sound system.
you can also make an MP3 disc using your music library on your computer. You can get an awful lot of music on one cd this way, apparently. I haven’t tried it yet but I might have to if thhey don’t fit me an ipod station.I am assuming you have got a cd player in the cab

Not all CD players will read an MP3 disk.

You could also try one of those FM transmitters although in my experience they work OK IF you can find a clear frequency.

I used to listen to mine most of the time. My Ipod sat on the armrest next to the window switch on an MAN, it was like it was designed to sit there, you could change toons or up the volume with your window finger, much safer than texting

aahhh the joys of agency driving!

in a newer Mercedes the radios have a “front aux”
great for my Sammy mp3
but DAFs dont have 12v so i can not use my I-trip which is 12v only :frowning:
and before any one says they are 12/24 this one isn’t due to a blown fuse every time i plugged it into 24v :blush:

so yes I use headphones to listen to previous days 6 music shows whilst driving when in a DAF

I can imagine the advantage of being deaf as a lorry driver, you could sit in peace in an RDC waiting room or on the train without having to listen to bullshine. It could be entertaining just nodding to a stroppy gatehouse guard as he tells you that you were late, early, at the wrong gate, or simply wearing the wrong socks.

I recall a story told by my brother and his mate when out on the lash, the mate went down the side of the RAFA club for a ■■■■, the fire doors burst open and Dave was met by two burly blokes, his acting skills came to the fore as my brother explained he was deaf and dumb and was embarrassed about using pub toilets.

This went on for a while until he gained the sympathies of the men. Even being told that they could come into the club if his mate required the toilets in future. My brother thanked the men and started to leave, just as Dave asked if they could get a pint :laughing: