Is it wise to go for Class 1 straight after passing Class 2?

Just after your opinnions really passed my class 2 Firday and a couple of the blokes who taught me recommended going for my class 1 soon after doing my cpc if i have the money before any bad habbits etc develop. The truck would be identical to the one i passed class 2 to on but with a drag behind. What do you lot think ?

Racrewe1993:
Just after your opinnions really passed my class 2 Firday and a couple of the blokes who taught me recommended going for my class 1 soon after doing my cpc if i have the money before any bad habbits etc develop. The truck would be identical to the one i passed class 2 to on but with a drag behind. What do you lot think ?

If you can afford it then do it

As Rog says if you can afford it without getting into a financial muddle it’s worth it , I did it straight away ( within a few weeks ) training is fresh in your head from your class 2 , and more doors will open with the class 1 , although there’s no guarantee’s of a job and no one can promise this ,you will certainly be more employable although lacking experiance , you just never know knocking on doors pleading your case what might turn up all the best and good luck what ever you decide to do , the more experianced guys will be along shortly with invaluable advice cheers Tom

Racrewe1993:

A massive yes!

Paul :smiley:

Id just echo what everyone else has said if you can afford to do it the defiantly yes while the training from your C is still fresh. This is what I did and felt quite comfortable training for my C+E.

Justin

Do it ASAP while your brain is in sponge mode

YES!

No. Get a class 2 job and never earn enough to be able to save for your class 1 should you ever decide you want it.

Again, YES! Left mine too long and bad habits had already crept in.

No brainer! Go for it. It will never be cheaper and the time for licence holding starts straight away. Would also recommend an artic conversion course to follow.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I had 3months experience on rigids then did artic test, personally i wouldn’t of wanted to have done it straight away but i learnt in a proper 16.5m artic so a bit harder.

I learned in an artic too. I passed my class 2 in the June, I was driving a 7.5 daily, and doing the odd day or week covering hols etc on a 12 tonner, which felt massive at the time, especially as they were brand spanking new and I was mainly doing Central London on them.

Had to wait until the October to do my class 1, only reason for this was the training school having openings at the same time as I could get a week off work to do it.

The thought of wag&drag never crossed my mind, always wanted to drive an artic, so that was the road I went down.

Like the others have stated, if you have the money, get your class 1 done asap, while everything is fresh and you know the test routes. More jobs available as well with class 1. :wink:

Where I did mine (with same examiner for both tests) they use completely seperate routes for class 1 and 2

Yes go for it. Moneys bit better than class 2

Just a thought, but if you’ve done Mods 2 and 4, CE training can be credited to your following 5 years of CPC. This is if your trainer has the course approved for CPC.

There are other permutations but that’s the most straight-forward to try and explain on the forum.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

yes, Yes, YES!!! Class 1 is full of fun… Class two is full of p… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not quite but seriously, if you can, then do! :grimacing: