Is It True?

As i cant find a decent job driving abroad anymore :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: i was wondering just how true the rumors are that once out of Calais you hardly ever see another British truck on your travels?
When i last went (around March-April this year) there wasnt a lot of G.B reg trucks around, i was wondering whats it like now, around 6-7 months later??
And yes, i know theres loads and loads of Polska and Hungarian and Czech trucks around, but im asking is there many GB trucks in Europe, not why arent there many :confused: :confused: :wink:

yes there are still quite a few going over the water although some don’t appear to be going very far.
the further away from calais you get the less you see.
i travel to germany every week and i’ll usually see a few birds trucks over there, a few carrs knocking around, rh stevens, european road freight (riby), carl brogan, pulleyn and fransen, answer, ontime and some others.

there is still some work that isn’t going to the eastern blockers but it’s usually down to the reliability of the companies doing the job rather than the rate of pay.
some customers are still prepared to pay extra for a reliable service.

you beat me too it kindle i was going to ask about the ferrys apart from sun day night to europe and thursday night back to the uk is there many brits on the boat midweek.

when i was going there wernt many and that was dover.when i was doing orleans twice a week id go newhaven dieppe and youd get very few uk motors midweek and down to orleans id proberly see 5 uk motors allweek and most of them were pullyns on there way to spain or coming back

When using the tunnel I’d often be the only UK truck on the train, much of the work I used to bring back is now being done by PL, LT or CZ trucks

I loaded from a Dutch transport company in Venlo last week and it’s car park was full of Polish registered cars. I wonder who’s driving their trucks??

at moment, few brits lorries around in european :cry: but usually LT, Poland, Hungary, Czech and Slovakia worse increase numbers! but now begin more growth number coming - Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey lorries around UK at moment!
Also watch out for IRAN lorries :open_mouth: , i have seen four iran lorries at dover in one day, my friend live in kent, he see some iran lorries at dover in everyweek!!! :open_mouth:

what is next ? Afghanstain or china lorries enter dover or what! :open_mouth: :laughing:

Ben

The last time I went abroad was in my car in July to Germany and once mid-way through Belgium I didn’t see any British trucks at all apart from one Eddie Stobart, which was more than likely Belgian registered. On the ferry on the way back (Dunkerque - Dover) there was only one British truck, a couple of Germans and Austrians (Nikolaus Hammerer) and dozens of Polish trucks, they were definetly the majority by a long shot. Though I have to say, that just recently, I haven’t seen that many Polish trucks on the roads here, definetly a lot less than a few months ago, I don’t know wether this is just me but I always look at the nationality of trucks as I pass them or they pass me and I can now go all day and only see three of four. One thing thats for sure though, is that there are ever increasing amounts of Romanian and Turkish trucks coming here.

My experience of the situation is the same as Johnny.

hi all i had a call of br ian yardly today and he said he carnt com with the rest thay only come over about three times a week now . i live here in germany and am looking for work . i dont see meny uk truckes in the truck stops and i live just of the A1 on the way to bremen.

I think that the most common UK registered trucks in Europe now are removals trucks heading for Spain

This has been said before(by me for sure)pull in at the docks at dunkirque and see how many uk reg`d trucks are parked up,none this week went from the docks to spain and saw 1brit and 3 irish trucks on the way down and god knows how many east europeans in dunkirque,last week saw a norbert dent with PL plates :cry:

I use Portsmouth-Caen 90% of the time and there are still a good few UK and Irish trucks using this crossing. simply because we all seem to be heading for Spain!! Castets still gets a good few in and Bordeaux yesterday morning had a few in but I was surprised to see only one G&S in there.
I have to admit though, that I am not always looking for UK trucks when down there as I seem to always attract the numpty!!

There was one for sure friday afternoon(hoods),he had come up from the spainish side through le perthus,restricted access on anything over 3.5 8.00 to 22.00,whats the saying you can never find a copper when you want one the guy found two at the same time :cry: ,they stopped him in the middle of the main street blocking the street,we were nipping over to spain to buy a freezer(a bit cheaper in spain than france)anyway know we should not of done BUT went over to see if we could help as we speak french,the cops wanted the carte gris(log book)but he only had a photo copy they made him turn off the engine so not being able to help carried on,think it would be an an the spot fine :angry:

when i was bombing around france and italy, i only saw a handful and the majority were removel wagons :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
as i live just off the main route down to spain (the A75) most uk motors i see are spain bound.
but as has already been said there are hundreds of east european wagons around, even on local france work :cry: :cry:
hay ho
salut
chris

Just got off the phone to my dad and he reports a little bit of trouble ahead in France. He loaded out of eastern France on Friday for the UK and whilst doing so was speaking to several French drivers who were all very upset. Apparently French companies have now started, like their German and British neighbours, to start employing lots of Polish drivers, especially on international work, driving French motors. Any of the harsh words that have being said on here with regards that sort of thing, were far eclipsed by what these French drivers thought. I can’t imagine they’ll stand for much crap, not in the same way the Germans have but then again, as they’re no longer in the same union as the police etc, they may be limited with what they can actually do about it.

They haven’t got half the clout they used to have so I doubt it will come to anything. The last 2 or 3 times they have started anything it has died a quick death.

surely that they will have to do fimo/fcos??
hard enough when i did it with the french that i knew :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
so the pols should really struggle.
one way to stop them would be to make it obligitory to do fimo in french with no translators, that should stop the influx and do the same through the whole of europe. anyone wanting to work should have at least an understanding of the host countries language.
just my thoughts dont know if anyone else agreesâ– â– ?
salut
chris

Cave,I posted the other week that on a trip to the UK I saw a norbert dentressngle with a polish reg,therefore no need for the fimo/fcosand cheap at half the price they are.

Poland is in the EU now and irrelevant of whether you may be an EU sceptic the poles and indeed any EU citizen have as much right to work in other member states as a citizen of the relevant state. Ie I can take a job in France or Italy or Poland. The immoral and illegal activities were concerning the days before enlargment when certain dubious companies were illegally employing cheap labour from these states. (RH)
I took a short break from haulage in the summer and did a couple of trips to spain in a coach, saw very few English lorries, it is nothing like it was. But everything changes, ask a british coal miner.