Is it really worth it?

was pondering last night.

1996, I was in a job, 9-5 mon - fri and was being paid 12k top line ( car licence not used at work)

2011 I am in a job, all sorts of hours wed -thurs off 16k top line ( CE licence used at work)

Anybody know where I left the Tardis?

If you need to ask…the answers most likley NO

Sounds like you’ve chosen quite a crappy job imho.

But, for me the job’s not all about money, sure that’s the reason I go everyday, but I chose this job (which doesn’t pay that well) instead of another job that I hated and paid better.

Well many people will say your being taken for a mug…

I dont think it is a crappy job. You would be very pleased , if you had broken down, to see me as I am a recovery driver. The wages are crap, as well as the hours, but the job satisfaction is great. Cant spend that , but to me , it seems worth it

SWEDISH BLUE:
I dont think it is a crappy job. You would be very pleased , if you had broken down, to see me as I am a recovery driver. The wages are crap, as well as the hours, but the job satisfaction is great. Cant spend that , but to me , it seems worth it

I applied for a 7.5t recovery driver for a local firm and got through to a final driving assessment.
I remember being told that time was important, as all the contracts stated they had to be on-scene in 45mins.
However, back at the garage I was told that I had “…taken [that] roundabout a bit too quickly…if there had been a vehicle on the back it might not’ve been that secure.”
When i pointed out that their wasn’t a vehicle on the back, the gaffer just said “well…there might’ve been.” !

Didn’t get the job obviously. But learned to ASK next time what the drivng scenario is!!!
Had I been told to drive ‘like there was a car on the back,’ I would’ve taken it more steady - But there wasn’t!

Anyway,
Cheers guys,

Sam

SWEDISH BLUE:
but to me , it seems worth it

Post ….Is it really worth it?

Can’t whack answering your own questions !!

SWEDISH BLUE:

just goes to show how wrong you can be,i always thought A.A/R.A.C types of jobs would be decent pay ,30k +,im amazed its only 16k,but if your happy,can live on that,good luck to you