Is it really worth it?

Almost exactly a year ago, I lost my lovely IT job. It paid a 6 figure salary, I worked from home most of the time, and I didn’t really have to do much. But I hated it and had hated it for almost 30 years. As a kid, I had pictures of trucks on my wall. I told my parents I wanted to be a lorry driver and they laughed at me. So I spent my redundancy money on becoming a Class 2 driver. Its been tough. No tests for months, a process that no-one seems to be able to explain to newcomers, delays at every stage but I got there a few weeks ago.

And now I work agency for Palletline. The pay is crap, the training is non-existent, some of the customers are horrible. Its hard work. And yet I love it. This was the dream and I’m living it.

So, it is worth it? Only if its your dream. Otherwise, don’t bother.

MrCabbage:
Almost exactly a year ago, I lost my lovely IT job. It paid a 6 figure salary, I worked from home most of the time, and I didn’t really have to do much. But I hated it and had hated it for almost 30 years. As a kid, I had pictures of trucks on my wall. I told my parents I wanted to be a lorry driver and they laughed at me. So I spent my redundancy money on becoming a Class 2 driver. Its been tough. No tests for months, a process that no-one seems to be able to explain to newcomers, delays at every stage but I got there a few weeks ago.

And now I work agency for Palletline. The pay is crap, the training is non-existent, some of the customers are horrible. Its hard work. And yet I love it. This was the dream and I’m living it.

So, it is worth it? Only if its your dream. Otherwise, don’t bother.

Try somewhere else, you might find something you like. I was made redundant 20 odd years ago and did my class 2 out of neccessity, i did it for 2 years and hated it, i came back into it 5 years ago with a new approach and now i think its great, did my class 1 a couple of years ago too, there will be something out there for you.
Put your location and some people might give you some ideas.