Is it possible to buy an operators license?

Having tried TMCPC via home study myself a lot of years ago, I wouldn’t recommend it. Even people who sit a two week classroom course can find it extremely challenging, and that’s with expert assistance on hand.

Are you familiar with the syllabus? It’s extremely comprehensive
ocr.org.uk/qualifications/c … istration/

EDIT: be aware that whilst the national pass rates for candidates are high for the MCQ segment (about 90%) the case studies component typically has a candidate pass rate of less than 50% :open_mouth:

sounds like you are involved in industry ZAC…
some people found home study more suitable for them never mind of saved time traveling…
I fully support exam to be difficult, ppl who are not able to pass may not be the right candidates and should consider external TM…

Even some of the people who do pass TMCPC are not the right candidates, just look at the decisions that are published by the various TC’s regarding licences curtailed or revoked, not that uncommon.

right, just got results of exam in post…
Failed multichoice questions by 2 and pass case study…hmm
How questions were written got me…was stressing a lot, then had not enough time to complete them all calm.
I did purchase material from RHA and had week of work to study 6hrs/day.
4th of Dec next try…

Bad luck there, but most people find the R2 is the difficult one so hopefully a bit more study will carry you through your R1 in December.

Couple of things that might be useful to know:

If you’re going back to the same place to resit your R1 exam it won’t be an issue, but but I’ve heard of people passing one exam with RHA then finding it isn’t recognized by OCR so their one pass was effectively wiped out. My current understanding is that RHA used to run non-OCR exams in the past, but have now switched to OCR

If you did the OCR exams, just be aware that they are bowing out of doing TMCPC over the next year and training providers are already looking at switching from OCR to one of the other organizations (C&G or CILT) after the December exam. I don’t know if these other organizations will recognize OCR R1 or R2 passes.

So if there are any other TN members who are only part way there with OCR TMCPC, they may want to get it finished off asap.

Thank you Sir, although i got materials from RHA i sat exam with A.I.M Ripley as did not get spot with RHA.
So again with A.I.M in December.
Hopefully will pass this time, so will not get messed up by changing examine body…as it sounds strange…

Caerleon:
I’m sure someone will correct me, but I’m trying to answer the OP’s original issue posed.

It has been many years since I read up on O licences, but isn’t it still only MANDATORY to have an O licence if you have a fleet greater than 3 vehicles? If the Op is an owner/ operator as stated, then he wouldn’t need one surely?

Sorry Caerleon, I have been in transport since the demise of the carrier’s license system and I have never heard of a 3 vehicle rule.

Pete