Is it possible on ADblue?

i have 4 Volvo Fh version 2’s with euro 4 engines and some of my workers want to fit either vertical or side draft exhaust to my trucks ,which i dont have a problem with.

So iam basically askinig the quiestion on their behalf as im unsure.

Question…Is it possible to fit a vertical or side draft exhaust on a vehicle with ADblue fitted ? if so how is it done ?

obvioustly you will need a change over valve on the manifold but obviously i want/have to still be able to use the ADblue.

also is there anyone you would reccomend to make such an exhaust system ? so iam told they want straight through pipes with no silencers and then a change over valve to change it back to the original volvo silencer as this will still be on the vehicle and will not be removed.

many thanks in advance for your replies

yes. it’s not a problem, and it will save you money in the long run.
you can’t do away with the existing exhaust. you need to put a three way valve on the exhaust. this is operated by a switch in the cab. you press the switch it goes to side pipes/stack exhaust. you press it again for MOT purposes, VOSA check points, etc.
we save £1700 per year on adblue. it uses some, but not much. there is always a bit going into the normal exhaust.

could you reccomend any places that make them ? other than dimex or emnox ? as i say i believe they want straight bore pipes

many thanks

sb-components.com/#!__products

pipefab.ie/truck-accessories-page17915.html

theres a few more that do it, but the names arent forthcoming at the min… :confused:

spot on ! thankyou very much i will give them a shout.

:smiley:

Blimey, drivers telling you what exhaust pipes they want on their trucks :exclamation: Gissa job :exclamation: Sounds like the lunatics are running the asylum :laughing: :laughing: