Is it me.

Hi,
Do you think this trailer is over 40ft.

001.JPG

Yes I reckon that is 13650 just by looking at it.
Contraflow will be amazed at my vision once again :laughing:

Doesn’t look it.

I’ll say yes 45ft and holds 51 supermarket cages or 26plts

45ft imo.

In other words standard UK length ?

FarnboroughBoy11:
Yes I reckon that is 13650 just by looking at it.
Contraflow will be amazed at my vision once again :laughing:

Outstanding.

Just out of interest, could you use your eyes to give me an accurate pressure reading from the rearmost o/s tyre please? It looks a little under inflated. I’d also be interested to know the contents of the driver’s stomach, if you don’t mind.

Jackdaw, are you the bloke that was sat at the side of A1 taking pictures of lorries for eight hours yesterday? :laughing:

45ft,standard length…next question ■■?

looks a standard trailer , but looking at units side wind deflectors and the large top wind deflector it does appear to make the whole outfit look longer.
crop the picture and you have a standard trailer. look at rear overhang,and where trailer side deflectors are situated . then look closer as to where the landing legs are,seems far back for that unit but possible ok for a 4x2.

Jackdaw, are you the bloke that was sat at the side of A1 taking pictures of lorries for eight hours yesterday? :laughing:
[/quote]
Hi Contraflaw,
No not me, 8hrs by the roadside at my age :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

what catches my eye is the trailer only has 2 axles, is this normal for a 45ft,

a lot of supermarkets need the volume of the trailer / truck but not the weight …

if you look at the size of some 7.5ton motors [specifically the likes of Warburtons bread]

am I pointing out the obvious here? it only looks longer as its a tandem axle and not a tri-axle. and the rear overhang looks longer than that of a triaxle trailer.

I assume the likes of Tescos and Sainsburys have gone more over to tri-axles and 6x2s due to doing more collections from suppliers rather than store deliveries weighing more.

I’d say it’s a 45ft. :smiley:

jackdaw.did you drive for harrisons about a hundred years ago? :smiley:

tom ■■■:

No. Are you Mark Dixon :question: :laughing:

Jakdaw:

tom ■■■:

No. Are you Mark Dixon :question: :laughing:

sorry mate i used to work with a bloke at harrisons and his cb handle was jackdaw thought it might have been you
p.s if your out with your camera were you took the m&s trailer about lunchtime on monday you will be able to get
a picture of a proper truck (mine) :smiley:

13.6 metres
its never been 45 foot

hitch:
13.6 metres
its never been 45 foot

Yes it has.
Not every trailer is 13600, we have some that our 13750 and even got one that’s 13900.