IS IT ME

Why do so called professional driver insist on sitting in lane 2 of 4 ?. I was on my way back from the trafford center today
when i got to the 4 lane stretch ( where the m62 meets the m60) 2 hgv insisted on sitting in lane 2 all the way to the m61 turn off .When i got past the 2 trucks and got back in to the inside lane it was clear. This is not the first time that i have noticed this happening it same all over i have spoke to other drivers who say the same thing. :angry: :angry: :angry: WHY

Because the M61 splits off half a mile up the road and they were probably taking the M62.

Not seeing the problem, sorry.

Rob K:
Because the M61 splits off half a mile up the road and they were probably taking the M62.

Agreed :smiley: that bit of 4 lane is really only 3 lane going straight on to the M62 with the inside lane working as a filter straight onto the M61. The problem is if you are heading East and use that inside lane then it’s not just car drivers that won’t let you out but other so called professional ‘truck drivers’ :unamused: :unamused: :wink:

When I’ve joined that bit of road I stick in the 2nd lane as I’m going straight on to the M62 Eastbound and will end up in the inside lane after the M61 split, the most annoying thing recently has got to be the new 4 lane section around Tibshelf where there seems to be a lot of nobheads will not use the inside lane and just sit there in lane 2 trundling along without a care in the world, usually talking on their phone or hiding behind their curtains :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Regard
Dave Penn;

Northern boy:
Why do so called professional driver insist on sitting in lane 2 of 4 ?. I was on my way back from the trafford center today
when i got to the 4 lane stretch ( where the m62 meets the m60) 2 hgv insisted on sitting in lane 2 all the way to the m61 turn off .When i got past the 2 trucks and got back in to the inside lane it was clear. This is not the first time that i have noticed this happening it same all over i have spoke to other drivers who say the same thing. :angry: :angry: :angry: WHY

There is only three lanes until the slip from the M62 makes a fourth, which as others have said becomes dedicated for the M61. Maybe thats why.

Is it me…Or are most truck drivers just thick and nosey :question: :unamused: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Rob K:

The above would have been my exact answer as well!

im with you northern boy …when these numpties hog the second lane as far back as the m66 split and im in the inside lane catching them up i dont arse about crossing third lane and back to inside to pass them i just stay on cruise control and undertake. before the do gooders start quoting the highway code old numpty should move over to inside lane, m60 split is well over a mile away with 2 exits in between (prestwich and clifton) and then its the m61. try coming the other way clockwise up the hill through death valley when old numpty flies passed you down the hill cause hes fully loaded and sits in lane 2 crawling up the hill holding everyone up cause hes going m62 which again is well over a mile away. i carnt be arsed with these kind of drivers and always always cruise pass them in the inside lane.
rant over :smiley: que do gooders

To start with the 1 lane on the m60 from the m62 heading east is not a filter lane you can use it it dose filter off before you get on to m61. As for the stretch coming west i have also seen driver staying in lane 2 from the m66 up to the m61.A friend of mine told that it happened to him on the m6 he came on to the m6 off the m56 a truck was in lane 2 all the way up to the m62 then he moved over to come of on the m62.A

If this is the junction in question then yes, I completely agree.

maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie= … 6&t=h&z=16

The M61 filter is nearly 2 miles away.

Ian G:

Where is there four lanes there ?

Mike-C:

Ian G:

Where is there four lanes there ?

Lane 2 of the M62 ramp off becomes lane 1 of the M60.