Is it me?

Now this has happened a few times. I,m parked up waiting to get unloaded and I,m on the phone. The guy be it a warehouseman or even another driver can see I,m on the phone . Without hesitation they open my drivers door and proceed to talk to me . I then tell them I,m on the phone in case they have an eyesight problem but to some of them it still makes no difference .
If I walked into an office and the guy was on the phone I would wait till he had finished talking cos it,s good manners.
Some do have the manners to tap on your door when they want to speak to you but there seem to be plenty who are either thick or just pig ignorant!

That’s why I lock the doors. Can’t stand people walking straight up and opening them whether I’m on the phone or not. I could be leaning on it for all they know.

So you sit in your nice warm cab chatting to your gf or whatever, and the guy who wants you to start unloading has to stand outside in the rain freezing his nuts off until you finish?

if it was the guy who was unloading I would put the phone down. I was just stating that some people seem to have a lack of manners these days . I take it you know what manners are?

What really gets me is if I pull onto a service area, even for a break and within seconds there is some prat with a CP Plus jacket asking for money, even before the engine stops or if I am on the phone.

I always tell them I dont trust them and anyone can get a Hi-Viz printed :stuck_out_tongue: I prefer to pay in the restaurant.

I take it you know what manners are?

In my experience manners work both ways. I get infuriated when i am stood at some window wafting to be attended to and a clerk ignores me and carries on chatting on his phone. If he just acknowledged me I would be OK.

In the circumstances you describe it would be good manners to apologise for holding the guy up and terminate the call ASAP. I also lock my door so I wont fall out.

Where did I say I had held him up .I said he walked straight up to the cab and opened the door. As a matter of fact I did terminate the call as he wanted to know how long I would be loading. As I was in the cab and the guys loading me were in the trailer I thought it better he asked them. Within 5 minutes he had drove off telling me he only got paid for 9 hrs and could,nt wait.
So much more relaxing to be paid by the hour.