Is it just me..

…or has anyone else had problems with the forum freezing or unresponsive?

I have noticed this for a couple of weeks now, I guess it’s just a server problem but it’s has made me check my own connection a couple of times just in case.

YES - seems the only way I can unfreeze it is to hit the refresh and wait… and wait… and wait…

Reckon its all the Truckfest photos slowing everything up…

And no im not joking, its started about the time every one was uploading piccies…

yes i have noticed that, it normally goes to pot everyday at 3pm ish it seems, and sometimes through out the day. normally happens when you go to post and nothing happens and then you end up posting 72 times.

Do you think Rikki-UK must be stoking the boiler and adding more coal when it’s slow :question: :confused: :wink: :grimacing:

ROG:
YES - seems the only way I can unfreeze it is to hit the refresh and wait… and wait… and wait…

Rog, don’t do that. All you are doing is adding more work to the queue. Just leave it alone and wait a few minutes. If everybody keeps hitting refresh you just swamp the server and the routers. Besides which, it appears that the server is in the USA, so the “pipes” get clogged at certain times of day as the USA starts work etc. It also depends on the capability of the hosting service to connect to the outside world.

uptime.netcraft.com/up/hosted?ne … &order=max

toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report … knetuk.com

The links in my sig will not work if you try to access them at about 4am as the server is running all sorts of automatic jobs at that time, plus it is hosted in the USA, so I do know a little bit about it.

It has been noticed, but the server shows nothing, it does appear that it is simply down to traffic en-route, from around 2pm-4pm our time a few hundred million Americans all log on and check their e-mail.
We do have monitoring on the servers and will keep looking out just in case it is something our end

I’ll make a note of the time when it happens in the future - it might help your tekkies

Coddy:
Reckon its all the Truckfest photos slowing everything up…

And no im not joking, its started about the time every one was uploading piccies…

The photo’s are hosted off site, on Photobucket and such like, so i believe do not affect the site’s performance and bandwidth…
(I am no computer expert, just something i was told on another Forum i use)

ROG:

I think (in your case) the problem is caused by you setting off the ANPR system…:grimacing: :laughing: :wink:

dieseldave:
I think (in your case) the problem is caused by you setting off the ANPR system…:grimacing: :laughing: :wink:

Ah yes, the -

Automatic
No
Posting
Rog

system :wink:

I have noticed this too,i go back to google site,put in trucknet,and start again,then i can get back on to TN,without waiting when it freezes.I use public library computers.