Is it just me?

That finds this totally unacceptable? These are ‘goods in’ where drivers have to report, i think lifers in prison get better means of communication.

TDG/Littlewoods Wrexham Industrial Estate. Stand there, freeze your arse off and can’t hear a word through the glass, exaserbated by the forklifts beeping their horns and revving up.

Matalan, Knowsley Buisnes Park, another 'quality Investor in People ', i kept looking round incase i got mugged. My reckoning was if it needed to be that secure maybe i wasn’t safe out in the yard too.

Anyone else think this is a disgrace to treat people like this?

Its an old English tradition. They used to put the window high up so you had to stand on a bushel box to talk. Its a way of making you feel inferior before you even put your papers in.The only other country that practiced that method of suppression was Romania ,under the Commies.These bunkers are made from left over bits of the Berlin Wall.If you had looked up behind you you could have seen the snipers with their sights trained on you.It shows the basic insecurity of the bosses when it comes to dealing with real people.Its pure & simple Marxism. You ought to print this out & put it in with your papers next time you have to go there.Commie Thugs!! :laughing:

some of the best ones are makro’s .

you get a ■■■■■■ little window with ■■■■■■ bars onit to lean thorugh to had your paperwork in.

they have these at:
coventry
ipswich
wednesfield
woolwich
glasgow
exeter to name but a few

i usually find a open door and walk through it. what they gonna do ban me (please o please i beg of them ban me :wink: )

jon

By contrast, Sainsbury’s at Waltham Point on Wednesday evening.

I arrived an hour after my booking time. Still got put sraight on a bay.

‘The canteen is open driver if you’d like to use it.’

Lasagne and chips £1.95. Very nice indeed.

Back to the truck. Got one of my favourite yoghurts out of the fridge. Sat back in the seat and ate it.

Bay light turned to green just as I was finishing it.

Walked into the GI office where my paperwork was waiting for me on the counter.

Other depots take note!!

flying_fenman:
By contrast, Sainsbury’s at Waltham Point on Wednesday evening.

I arrived an hour after my booking time. Still got put sraight on a bay.

‘The canteen is open driver if you’d like to use it.’

Lasagne and chips £1.95. Very nice indeed.

Back to the truck. Got one of my favourite yoghurts out of the fridge. Sat back in the seat and ate it.

Bay light turned to green just as I was finishing it.

Walked into the GI office where my paperwork was waiting for me on the counter.

Other depots take note!!

As I pulled away all the staff lined up and waved me goodbye and I drove down the petal strewn road out of the depot towards the gate house.
Where I was stopped by the rather attractive (female, male, Delete as appropriate for your own ■■■■■■ orientation) asked me to look in the back of the trailer, then he/She said “sorry you have none of our goods in your trailer, take this hamper of goodies as form of compensation.”
With the hamper safely in the cab the security guard saluted me and I was on my way onto clear roads.
As I stopped at the lights I look behind me at the sign above the gate house. It read “Welcome to Sainsbury’s Waltham Point. Operated by Carlsberg. Probably the Best RDC in the World.”

PMSl :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

FPMSL at Muckles!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pure quality mate!!!

Its because drivers are scumbags.I have stood at a few windows for over 10 minutes waiting to be acknowledged :angry: :angry:

and what about some of the facilities.

took these pics at Toy r Us Coventry this week

i was the first one in at 6am, so these were freshly “cleaned”

[/img]

When I first did TIR it took two days to load apples at one Rothschild’s farms in France. When I left at 1500 in a R/H Volvo I looked in the mirror & noticed the staff all standing by the Château gates waving to me so I waved back .It was only going up the hill on the National road did I clock the truck coming straight towards me. I was on the wrong side of the road! :laughing:

Harry did you get the right thread here ?!

NJDav they are really bad them.

Muckles excellent !!

To be fair to the Matalan site, the guys behind the window are pretty good, they are decent to deal with, and, they tip you early, if they have the chance, which is
about 90% of the time.

Don`t take it personally, its the way of the world, UK style !!!

As I pulled away all the staff lined up and waved me goodbye and I drove down the petal strewn road out of the depot towards the gate house.
Where I was stopped by the rather attractive (female, male, Delete as appropriate for your own ■■■■■■ orientation) asked me to look in the back of the trailer, then he/She said “sorry you have none of our goods in your trailer, take this hamper of goodies as form of compensation.”
With the hamper safely in the cab the security guard saluted me and I was on my way onto clear roads.
As I stopped at the lights I look behind me at the sign above the gate house. It read “Welcome to Sainsbury’s Waltham Point. Operated by Carlsberg. Probably the Best RDC in the World.”

EXCELLENT! :laughing:

Mike Re;muckles

harry:
Mike Re;muckles

Got ya. I thought you was losing it, turns out its me! :blush: