Is it just me?

New gen Scania:

Handbrake: Why have they changed to an electronic handbrake? The mirrors aren’t bad but I sometimes like to open the window and look out. I can’t do that because the window only opens to just below half way. If I open the door it’s a constant fight as the hand brake takes every opportunity to activate. The only justification for electronic hand brakes is to give you more room for cup holders but there’s plenty of room anyway.

Interior light: It often fails to come on when I open the door, there is a button on the key fob (why is this separate to the key?) but that doesn’t always work, I don’t know why. If you climb in to try to get to the switch you find that it is not illuminated until you switch it on. Often I find it easy to open the door to fill out paperwork but even if the light comes on it goes out after about 45 seconds leaving me in the dark again.

Seat: You can’t get the drivers seat far enough back to achieve a relaxed driving position without lifting the bunk and jamming the headrest underneath.

Noise: It might not be worse than the previous one but I think it is and the sound is harsher. Lifting the bunk might be part of the reason.

Displays: Confusing and difficult to operate.

Radio. Confusing, distracting and difficult to operate and no actual preset buttons only virtual ones which scroll away if you try to use them on a bumpy road.

Handbrake you choose what you want. I have a new Scania it has the normal not electric one. I told them no fancy stuff just the standard. Displays are in a layout depends which ones you want