Is it getting worse

I know that times are hard but can we, as a profession, take matters into our own hands??

From Warwickshire Police this morning:

26 February 2009 10:45

Warwickshire Police are investigating an incident Coleshill, North Warwickshire this morning (Thursday 26 February) in which a lorry driver has alleged he sustained a head injury during an attempted robbery on his curtain sided lorry.

Police were alerted to the injured driver, who was parked on the Station Road Industrial Estate in Coleshill at 6.20am.

The driver, whose first language is not English, has indicated that he was attacked in the early hours of the morning, and that he had used a knife to defend himself against his attackers who were believed to be in a dark coloured car.

A short while later the West Midlands Ambulance Service was called to a location between junctions 6 and 7 on the northbound carriageway of the M6 motorway at approximately 6.30am to a report of a man in a car who was bleeding badly. On arrival at the location they found no one there.

A short while later three injured men attended Sandwell Hospital in Birmingham, bleeding heavily. One of the men, aged 36 years has since died from his injuries. The two others, one aged 15 years (age of other not known at this time), remain in a critical condition in hospital.

Police in Warwickshire who are liasing with colleagues in West Midlands Police, are conducting an investigation into the incidents. The driver of the lorry, a 41 year old man, who was not seriously injured, has been arrested by Warwickshire Police on suspicion of murder.

The M6 Motorway remains closed at this time while police examine the scene. Police officers from West Midlands Police and Warwickshire Police are attending Sandwell Hospital and police are also investigating the scene at Coleshill.

Detective Chief Inspector Adrian McGee, from Warwickshire Police, who is leading the investigation, said "We are still gathering information in order to establish what has happened this morning. We are appealing to anyone who has any information from any of the locations to contact the major Investigation unit at Warwickshire Police.

“We want to hear from anyone who saw anything that may be of interest to the police at the Station Road Industrial Estate in Coleshill, anyone driving on the Northbound carriageway of the M6 motorway between junctions 6 and 7 between 6.20am - 6.30am this morning who saw a dark blue car and anyone who saw the men arriving at Sandwell Hospital at shortly after 6.30am.”

without knowing all the details it’s hard to know what to say. i wouldn’t put myself between theifing scum and my load but if in doubt if they die they die, it’s their choice to go robbing.
my sympathies are with the driver.

TIME FOR

PROPER AFFORDABLE SECURE PARKING

ONCE AGAIN,THE VICTIM, IS THE ACCUSED,THEY MADE A CHOICE TO GO OUT ROBBING,TOUGH
[ZB],I FEEL FOR THE DRIVER,ITS A FIGHT OR FLIGHT RESPONCE,

language edit mm

The driver of the lorry, a 41 year old man, who was not seriously injured, has been arrested by Warwickshire Police on suspicion of murder

Hang on… are they nuts !! … of course 1 man would attack 3 with the intention of murder - NOT

Suspicion of GBH maybe but not murder :confused: :open_mouth:

ROG:

The driver of the lorry, a 41 year old man, who was not seriously injured, has been arrested by Warwickshire Police on suspicion of murder

Hang on… are they nuts !! … of course 1 man would attack 3 with the intention of murder - NOT

Suspicion of GBH maybe but not murder :confused: :open_mouth:

Would be manslaughter wouldnt it Rog , not murder.

I dont think he should be charged with anything…they chose to rob and got their come uppance

Blissy:
I dont think he should be charged with anything…they chose to rob and got their come uppance

here here blissy i bet they laughing on their way to the job but i bet they wer’nt laughing on their way back. if i was the foreign driver i wouldnt have reported anything but made a hasty get away.

jessicas dad:

Blissy:

here here blissy i bet they laughing on their way to the job but i bet they wer’nt laughing on their way back. if i was the foreign driver i wouldnt have reported anything but made a hasty get away.

ditto

the robbers got what they deserved though.
the government should look at affordable parking for us thats secure so we dont have crap like this happening

personally i would just let them get on with it i was cornered by 3 folk and was on my own, if there were only 2 and i had a large pole in the truck id get out and beat 7 shades of ■■■ into them.well mayby just break their legs :smiley:

This is the one time I hope the driver does bugger off back to euroland, getting away scot free :smiling_imp:

He should of drivin away, parked nearby, taped up his curtains then went about his daily buisness :grimacing:

gogzy:

jessicas dad:

Blissy:

ditto

the robbers got what they deserved though.
the government should look at affordable parking for us thats secure so we dont have crap like this happening

personally i would just let them get on with it i was cornered by 3 folk and was on my own, if there were only 2 and i had a large pole in the truck id get out and beat 7 shades of ■■■ into them.well mayby just break their legs :smiley:

If our legal system works he’ll be found not guilty but if he’d done a runner and got caught the chances are he’d be foungd guilty.
I would like to stake my life on our legal system unless I was very rich.
Good luck to him

I heard an update on five dead just now , it was exactly the same report that was posted at the top of the page but they recomended that drivers didnt park in laybys and Industrial Estates , but found secure parking on the motorways or Lorry parks … :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: Are they actually living ion the real world.!! :imp: :imp:

Now I’m getting worried…Here’s me parked up in a back street in Dagenham… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: They can have my load it’s only blocks… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

think, pretty much everyone will have a similar train of thought on this 1.

be interesting too see how this develops.

Blissy:
Would be manslaughter wouldnt it Rog , not murder.

Yes, but remember the Tony Martin case? Similar scenario although in this one it sounds more like self defence.

The only good thing is there’s one less scumbag around to go thieving… although of course his mum’ll say he was a good boy, just got into a bit of bad company, yeah right…

silly for using a blade, don’t know what damage you’ll do when you ■■■■■ someone, that’s why you’re better using a small weighty hammer, not for the load, but i wouldn’t be giving up my stuff in the cab easily :wink:

to be fair with the greek driver maybe his load wasnt insured so he couldn afford to let them get away with anything. also another point maybe that the knife may turn out to be some sort of samurie sword or rambo knife :open_mouth:

Put 'em down, and give the driver a medal. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

jessicas dad:
to be fair with the greek driver maybe his load wasnt insured so he couldn afford to let them get away with anything.

It would have to be ,under CMR regulations it is law it is insured.

it looks like they were hi-jackers not slashers
if thats the case, he was defending himself and his property.
let him go, he’s done the world a service.

It might put a few would be truck thieves off. There is probably a lot more to this incident than the cops are saying yet !