Is he talking/taking the p$$$

We have a driver (think he’s self employed) does two early shifts for us twice a week and that’s all he works for us, he came back the other day saying he had got pulled by vosa, now he says that they found faults on the trailer being the abs system inop, parking brake button mount insecure and others, now he says that the vosa guy has issued a £5000 fine for the faults BUT he’s not issued a defect sheet BUT just given him a list of the faults to get them sorted as it would take the vosa guy to long to file it all on the system, and not to use on the trailer on uk roads until it’s repaired.

Just don’t seem right, surely arnt that soft, is the driver talking through his ar/backside?.
I must point out that it’s a Jersey registered trailer not a uk trailer

No its total and complete ■■■■■■■■.

Everyday and twice on Sunday.

thats what I thought, if vosa find faults there not going to just give you a bit of paper with the faults on are they, oh and here’s a £5000 fine for our time finding the faults for you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The trailer and possibly the unit would be impounded untill a fitter came out to rectify the faults and if not possible then recovered to the nearest truck garage to be fixed in my opinion.

delayed pg9 would be issued along with the revalent paperwork and the trailer would have too be presented at a test centre when it’s repaired for the pg9 too be lifted.

Did he get a receipt for the 5 grand he paid out? :wink:

Sounds like the drivers got a pg9 for a few screws loose

mucker85:
Did he get a receipt for the 5 grand he paid out? :wink:

being honest I’m not sure on that, I’ll find out on monday

In the UK the maximum penalties that can be dealt with ‘at the side of the road’ are THREE penalties. The maximum roadside penalty is £300 meaning a maximum of £900 roadside penalty. The driver would have 28 days to pay and would be issued with a fixed penalty notice (or conditional offer in Scotland).

Usually if more offences exist meaning more than three penalties they will prosecute - which means no penalty at the roadside but a trip to court instead.

If the defects were severe enough for a penalty to be issued then I would expect a PG9 prohibition to be issued. This would either be delayed or immediate. Obviously if it all amounted to £5000 (bolloxs) then they were serious defects. Of course a copy of the prohibition and notification of penalty issued to the driver would normally be sent to the registered operator - for a UK operator.

The operator would also be able to login to their OCRS system and request a report via email. This would list all roadside checks, defects & fault found, date and location etc

It all sounds complete nonsense to me.

scotstrucker:
delayed pg9 would be issued along with the revalent paperwork and the trailer would have too be presented at a test centre when it’s repaired for the pg9 too be lifted.

Yeh this is what we did in CPC module on Tuesday and would be delayed pg9 or trailer taken off the road pg9 but you’d be allowed to collect unit

shep532:
In the UK the maximum penalties that can be dealt with ‘at the side of the road’ are THREE penalties. The maximum roadside penalty is £300 meaning a maximum of £900 roadside penalty. The driver would have 28 days to pay and would be issued with a fixed penalty notice (or conditional offer in Scotland).

Usually if more offences exist meaning more than three penalties they will prosecute - which means no penalty at the roadside but a trip to court instead.

If the defects were severe enough for a penalty to be issued then I would expect a PG9 prohibition to be issued. This would either be delayed or immediate. Obviously if it all amounted to £5000 (bolloxs) then they were serious defects. Of course a copy of the prohibition and notification of penalty issued to the driver would normally be sent to the registered operator - for a UK operator.

The operator would also be able to login to their OCRS system and request a report via email. This would list all roadside checks, defects & fault found, date and location etc

It all sounds complete nonsense to me.

Thanks shep for the run down, I’ve got 35 years of driving wagons and I to think ‘It all sounds complete nonsense’ to me, I will ask more questions at work on Monday.