Is any company paying minimum wage?

So, I saw a job last week in Tamworth, they wanted hard working class one drivers for £8.50,I just wandered, if the national minimum wage is £7,83,are there any companies paying this rate for class one drivers…

Keep up at the back, £8.21 now,. :smiley:

I’m pretty sure McDowell in Bradford, West Yorkshire pay minimum wage, or close to minimum wage.

Their website says wages of £500 a week take home whilst tramping.

So let’s say 8.50 times 60 hours =510.

4 nights out a week at 25 quid a night =£100/£510 equals £610 gross, less tax is round about £500 PW

I’m sure there will be some polish guy out there who will work for it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4yorks:
I’m pretty sure McDowell in Bradford, West Yorkshire pay minimum wage, or close to minimum wage.

Their website says wages of £500 a week take home whilst tramping.

So let’s say 8.50 times 60 hours =510.

4 nights out a week at 25 quid a night =£100/£510 equals £610 gross, less tax is round about £500 PW

I’m sure there will be some person out there who will work for it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Fixed for correctness, don’t assume it’s non-uk drivers

Barratts at Trowell6are just above minimum wage too.

I was on Carnforth t/stop last night, and there were a lot of motors on there from a well known Scottish outfit who aint well known for overpaying their drivers…no names btw :wink: .

There was a new type Magnum on there, a top range Globetrotter, s/space DAF, and a Giggaspace Merc…, all blinged up to within an inch of their lives.
Surely the old myth of drivers just working for the kudos of driving a fancy motor instead of primarily for the cash can’t be right…Can it? :open_mouth:

I think there should be a name and shame thread :laughing:

robroy:
I was on Carnforth t/stop last night, and there were a lot of motors on there from a well known Scottish outfit who aint well known for overpaying their drivers…no names btw :wink: .

There was a new type Magnum on there, a top range Globetrotter, s/space DAF, and a Giggaspace Merc…, all blinged up to within an inch of their lives.
Surely the old myth of drivers just working for the kudos of driving a fancy motor instead of primarily for the cash can’t be right…Can it? :open_mouth:

The one with an oversized Scania by any chance?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

El Deano:

robroy:

The one with an oversized Scania by any chance?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I thought most scarnia drivers had oversized ego’s and undersized ■■?, Similar to porch drivers. Big car little !

Do you mean just one polish guy works in there? Must be very small company indeed…