Is an interrupted rest also a weekly reduced rest?

Just after some opinions on this

I had an interesting discussion the other day about interrupted rest periods due to a ferry movement which challenged my understanding on this

I was put to me that an interrupted rest period also counted as one of your weekly reduced rest periods as the 11 hours rest was not continuous due to the interruptions of driving onto and off of the ferry?

I hadn’t really thought about this before and I have never considered this as a reduced rest and I have never planned my week this way either

I personally do not think that it is a reduced rest but what does everyone else think?

In everything I’ve read about Ferry breaks, I’ve never seen any thing that says it’s a reduced a reduced rest period.

This is what the VOSA publication on Driver Hours Rules and Regs say about Ferry Breaks and it states regular daily rest period.

Journeys involving ferry or train transport
Where a driver accompanies a vehicle that is being transported by ferry or train, the daily rest
requirements are more flexible.
A regular daily rest period may be interrupted no more than twice, but the total interruption must not
exceed 1 hour in total. This allows for a vehicle to be driven onto a ferry and off at the end of a sea
crossing. Where the rest period is interrupted in this way, the total ■■■■■■■■■ rest period must still
be 11 hours. A bunk or couchette must be available during the rest period.

Only a full daily rest can be interupted for the ferry movements but it must still be 11 hours of rest in total with the movements added to it - it is counted as a full daily rest

A full weekly rest, a reduced weekly rest or a reduced daily rest cannot be interupted

ROG:
Only a full daily rest can be interupted for the ferry movements but it must still be 11 hours of rest in total with the movements added to it - it is counted as a full daily rest

A full weekly rest, a reduced weekly rest or a reduced daily rest cannot be interupted

precise and correct as expected from Rog, its there folks in a nutshell

Gunner Til I Die:

ROG:

precise and correct as expected from Rog, its there folks in a nutshell

Cheers all that was my understanding too

ROG:

To add to that … A split daily rest (3+9) cannot be interrupted either although it counts as a full daily rest because the rules state 11 hours … at least that is my interpretation