Is agency worth while?

Hey guys. Passed my c+e in march. Getting bit fed up with getting no where on job front. Knocked every door. Have not been to any agencys. Was wondering is it worth while joining agencys. I wouldnt want days here and there. Plus ive heard they.■■■■ ya about. Any advice apprecated :smiley:

davy1111:
Hey guys. Passed my c+e in march. Getting bit fed up with getting no where on job front. Knocked every door. Have not been to any agencys. Was wondering is it worth while joining agencys. I wouldnt want days here and there. Plus ive heard they.■■■■ ya about. Any advice apprecated :smiley:

I was with 1 of the biggest for drivers, and yes I agree they can be hit & miss with regards to work. If you can get over the fact that whatever you are getting paid the geeza behind the desk is prob getting same for sitting there,and yes they can ■■■■ you about then your sorted. I was lucky as I got a offer of a proper job after 2 weeks with a local logistics company who the agency placed me with.

If joining an agency means your gaining experience and earning money then it’s worth a shot. It is probably best to register with a few different agency’s then hopefully you will get regular work, you will be messed about quite a bit but that’s the nature of the industry unfortunately.
Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Also look for class 2 work, I know you have full class one. But I’d be happy to drive class 1 or 2 so long as it puts money in my pocket and food on the table. Plus it’s all classed as experience, and you get on somewhere that has both class 1 and 2 trucks, you could quite easily start on 2, then ask to be moved up to 1.

Im agency and wouldnt change. Very good pay. Constant work. Days off when ever needed. Get to try all different work. If get bored of somewhere can move on.

Nothing wrong with some agency work … just stand your ground with what you will and wont do . always get the job with rate confirmed by text.

I’m with driverhire Wakefield and they have been brilliant to me 5 days a week every week, overtime pay anything over 8 hours put me through £700 worth of training and only charged me £150 for it they covered the rest. And u get to do a variety of jobs and work so u don’t get bored

I started with an agency and said to the agent that I expected him to do his best to keep me busy to the best of his ability and in return I wouldn’t sign up elsewhere. A bit of loyalty shown was well-rewarded and in the meantime I found a job on Gumtree, where I am now. Agent wants me back as a class 2 driver as soon as I’ve passed. So I’m either a mug for accepting anything that came my way, or a half-decent driver, not sure which :open_mouth:

Thanks to every single one of you guys that replyed. Thanks guys. Am sure you have to keep an eye on your hours during the week moving from here to there? I here some agency will push you to go over your hours?