Is £500 take home realistic?

Hope this doesn’t sound too mercenary but I’m hearing so many different figures I thought I’d just ask outright. Can I realistically expect to take home £500 a week without being away all week?
I don’t expect the wage straight away but it would be nice knowing its achievable.

Class 2? class 1? Days? Nights? Weekends? 4on4off? HIAB? ADR? MOFFET? etc etc.

Kentshorty76:
Hope this doesn’t sound too mercenary but I’m hearing so many different figures I thought I’d just ask outright. Can I realistically expect to take home £500 a week without being away all week?
I don’t expect the wage straight away but it would be nice knowing its achievable.

Yes. But I would hazard a 60hr(ish) week to get that as a take home figure, if you were doing Monday - Friday on PAYE.

Others might be along shortly to say different mind. This is trucknet after all!

it would help to know the area as well.

yes and all for a 45hr week home every day

I want to give you an example:

Gist - trunking, Monday to Friday, everyday at home and weekend off, start times in the evening, around 60 hours a week - it gives you between 550-600 pounds. Full time, permanent.

eagerbeaver:
Class 2? class 1? Days? Nights? Weekends? 4on4off? HIAB? ADR? MOFFET? etc etc.

Class 1 and I’m flexible when it comes to shifts. I just don’t want to be out all week

jbaz73:
it would help to know the area as well.

I’m in East Kent

nick2008:
yes and all for a 45hr week home every day

+1

if you’re willing to max out your hours and are flexible on night’s/weekends then in Kent you should be able to make 500 quid a week without resorting to tramping. good luck with it my friend.

but if you max your hours out you might feel like you’re never home anyway :slight_smile:

I average that most weeks maybe a little less for 45 hrs class 2 work

I think it is doable on class 2.

To achieve £500 take home you need to earn about 34k or about £14.50 an hour (based on 45 hours, why would you want any more?) You can earn that at my place but you need to work nights and weekends.

Milk Man:
To achieve £500 take home you need to earn about 34k or about £14.50 an hour (based on 45 hours, why would you want any more?) You can earn that at my place but you need to work nights and weekends.

I’m willing to do both weekends and nights. Don’t suppose your place is in East Kent? :wink:

and if you do 60-65 hrs assuming you get o/t rate for 10 of those hours it drops to around £10 per hour, that is doable.

Nowhere near I’m afraid. Amesbury would be the closest!

Yes it is. It’s what you have to do for it that counts.

I do nights and £500 take home is my target. To hit this I need to do about 53 hours. Nights suit me though, if I did days I’d have to do more hours obviously. But I actually prefer nights.