Is 16 hours training enough for Category C?

I booked 16 hours training but I am starting to worry maybe it’s not enough. I chose to skip the driving assessment and go straight to the training.

MrFaulconbridge:
I booked 16 hours training but I am starting to worry maybe it’s not enough. I chose to skip the driving assessment and go straight to the training.

Most do it over 5 half days - 4 days of 4 hours with test on day 5

Its possible over 3 or 4 half days for a good driver without many bad habits

If its over 4 half days with test on day 4 then I start thinking you may have been ripped off by a broker
Most courses are quoted financially for 5 half days or if 2 training together then its for all day over 5 days
Brokers tend to charge the same for a course but reduce that course by 1 day which is their financial profit

it is 4 days 4 hours training with the test on the 5th day.

MrFaulconbridge:
it is 4 days 4 hours training with the test on the 5th day.

Normal time then

All depends on the standard of the candidate, compatibility of training training truck and ability of the instructor.

It’s a must to have a assessment drive prior to booking a course!

My average course is 16 hours including test completed over 4 days.

Paul :smiley:

I passed my cat. C two weeks ago in elgin with two days training and test on third day. About 16 hours in total and I passed with 5 minors. Moray academy of transport training I passed with.

We train our drivers on 14 hours 1:1 followed by test at our own centre - which is a definite plus. But most of our vehicles are new and all our trainers are DSA reg LGV instructors.

We have problems extremely rarely with this.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I Passed my test last Friday with 2 days of training, 7 hours each day then just an hour drive before the test on the 3rd morning and I passed with 1 minor…hardest part for me was getting my bad habits out of the way ha