Irun/zona franca

hi guys any 1 got pics of irun zona franca la jonquera spent many happy hold ups in all of them :smiley:

stevejones:
hi guys any 1 got pics of irun zona franca la jonquera spent many happy hold ups in all of them :smiley:

If you want both, why not edit your title to read: Irun / La Junquera?

Here’s a pic of the wagon I was driving in August 2005 at La Junquera :smiley: . Robert

tks robert good memories

La Janquera, November 1981

La Junquera 1977

Customs turn out in La Junquera.

Who remembers Tony in Irun and Eddie in Zona Franca ?

yes tony in irun what a guy hes passed on i here any probs he the go to guy had a few breakfasts with him :smiley:

Bless em both Kerbut…their names bring back memories of happy times.

San Sebastian by day /San Sebastian by night

kerbut:

C’mon Kerbut old chap don’t leave the job half finished. How many times have you heard it ■■?
“San Sebastian para dia, San Sebastian para noche y San Sebastian romantica”.
These girls sold those pictures to fund their education but did anyone buy them ?
Regards, Nobby.

Irun, backing onto the petrol station.

tir yes i brought one of those pics unfortunately long lost :smiley:

So is it la Jonquera, Junquera or Janquera? Or does it depend on the year? Lol

Re: irun/zona franca

Unread postby TIR Original » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:49 am

kerbut wrote:

C’mon Kerbut old chap don’t leave the job half finished. How many times have you heard it ■■?
“San Sebastian para dia, San Sebastian para noche y San Sebastian romantica”.
These girls sold those pictures to fund their education but did anyone buy them ?
Regards, Nobby.

Oh, so they didn’t actually speak Spanish then Nobby. :slight_smile:

David

its la jonquera :smiley:

stevejones:
its la jonquera :smiley:

You are right: in Spanish it is (though it is pronounced Junquera in Catalan).

However, I’ve always spelt it La Junquera, probably because when you approach the border from the French side that is the spelling you learn first! Because that’s how the French spell it (as it’s said). :laughing: Robert

aah well spotted robert ive been under that few signs a few times and the local sign le bolou iremember getting the train from geneva motor show after leaving truck parked there and went to my aunties villa in javea spain .spent 10 days there instead of geneva. belou is the border for the train crossing . 10days at the villa and getting paid they were the days and im going back there in august for hols. looking fwd to that

Yes brings back many memories some not so good ,One saturday night i drove the truck and fridge trailer up to the station at Le Boulou to collect a relief second man who was supposed to help me deliver meat, [lambs] from there up to PAMPOLONA area

. famous last words were "he will be there ".from the office saturday dinner,the two cards i had used were nearly a solid circle, i crashed out by a fence ,the fridge roaring away, i got knocked up by the gendarme ,and they told me to go or pay big coffee ,i soon went to the old boarder as to do the vet .[i think ].1983ish anyway i ended up doing the lot another 24 hour plus shift,and the other driver got a lift home from IRUN ,GIVEN UP.

Just a thought: I very first drove through the La Jonquera border in 1972 with a 1960 Singer Vogue. On board was a family I had been asked to drive to Spain. There were no motorways. I do remember that old border we traversed on the old road below the mountain 'twixt Pertus and Spain. It had all the atmosphere of frontier towns of the time. There were tacky tourist shops and lots of banks and offices. On the Spanish side I encountered lots and lots of ancient Leylands. There were Gypsies in horse-drawn caravans on the French side and every Spanish town had donkey transport. It was quite another world in those days. Robert :smiley: