Irish scania 143 full restoration

Pictures below

Hi folks

Basically we are a truck dismantlers and scania dealer over here in Ireland, for years we had been dismantling 143’s for parts and we took the notion that some time we would restore one, We started hand picking the best parts available over a 2 year period,eventually we found the perfect chassis to work from,started work back in 2010 and the restoration progress took us 4 years,
Scania released a model of the 2 trucks for the launch of the new streamline so this give us inspiration to paint our 143 in the original streamline launch colour, we also own the new 580 streamline in the pictures, it was ordered to celebrate our 35years & 30 with Scania

Engine gearbox and back axle fully re-built from scratch, every x member and wiring loom all removed,all orignal fittings and valves were used and hand polished, wiring loom is original from new never touched or painted,

most of the cosmetic parts as you can see is brand new from scania, even an original scania windscreen put in the cab (how it made its way in from Sweden factory not broken ill never know?!)

Everything was done in-house, chassis re-rivitng the lot, We had our best 2 mechanics on it and they were the only 2 lads that put a spanner on the truck

Fingers crossed we will be showing it at Peterborough this year

thanks for looking!

FINISHED ARTICLE

WOW :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :sunglasses:

Stunning… Credit to you for doing the restoration…and the men who did the work.
So good to see the truck in all its glory.

Tidy!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Blimey you guys really went to town on her ace job!

Very impressive :smiley: Not only the truck restoration but the photographic record too.

It’s like a real life Italeri model kit

O4Goodnessake:
Very impressive :smiley: Not only the truck restoration but the photographic record too.

I actually have far far more photos on each stage of the cab being stripped and rebuilt, didn wanna put up too many pictures.
They were all taking just of my I phone!

seth 70:
WOW :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :sunglasses:

+1…

Stunning motor,well done,the 143 was the last decent Scania,everything since just can’t match it imo

That’s a stunning bit of kit, mind you it doesn’t look like your short of spares either.

Absolutely stunning! Looks like its just rolled off the line in Zwolle, excellent work!

short walk:
Absolutely stunning! Looks like its just rolled off the line in Zwolle, excellent work!

I’d say it looks better than just rolling off the line :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

WOW… just beautiful!!!

JIMBO47:
WOW… just beautiful!!!

Wow what great job credit to everyone who worked on her you taking it fo retro show gaydon as well

caddy1:

JIMBO47:
WOW… just beautiful!!!

Wow what great job credit to everyone who worked on her you taking it fo retro show gaydon as well

See how we get on in peterbourough, it seems a great show and we would like to attend it some time

class…all thats missing are the words on the back of the cab,… drive it like your late for mass, :smiley:

Tip my hat to that. Very impressive. How much is it insured for?

Great job!