Irish road hauliers

Ballaland and several others charged over illegal practices.They were found to be in a level 5 violation of drivers hours.Level 5 is considered extremly serious and can put a company out of business.It was found they placed the public and their drivers at extreme risk by forcing them to drive,in one instance for 12 hours straight without a break.In the second instance for 13 hours without a break.They were said to have put the driving public at risk for having drivers work for such long periods of time when the legal limit in Europe is 9 hours driving time.
In their defence the Irish showed the court Canadian drivers rules and regulations where it shows drivers driving legally 14 hours a day and 84 hours a week.The court found that because a country like Canada has what is essentially draconian ,backward and uncivilised regulations does not in way impinge upon the more advanced countries of the world that we have here in Europe.

Yeah we’ve got loads going for us overhere in Europe have’nt we robbbie :grimacing:

We’ve so overcrowded we may sink & a touch of white stuff has let the world know what the phrase “shiftless c*%nts” really means :grimacing:

Oh yeah & to top the lot we click on here for a breather & get you :grimacing:

Let McGintey & Co do as they wish, rules about hours have never bothered the Paddies & most Eire trucks are manned by tossers now anyway, so who gives a flying [zb] apart from you :question:

Seasons Greetings :grimacing:

Substituting other characters for letters doesn’t make the word become acceptable, so if the auto-censor catches a word, please leave it alone. dd.

I thought it was 13 hours a day legal driving time in Canada, 11 hours for the U.S.■■?

Just goes to show Robbbie has no clue, It is as follows max driving of 13 hrs/day 14 hour total shift. max 70 hours per week. They don’t force you to drive 13 hours per day no one holds a gun to your head. Makes better sense even for companies to have you go 10 per day total and never run out of hours. For Robbbiee that is 10 x 7 = 70. If you run 14 hour days, you can only go 5 days, and then would have to do a 36hr reset for your hrs. The guy does not know what he is talking about he is clueless beyond belief. I wish they would just ban him from the forum already.

Robbbie is great. He definately should not be banned.
He gives us the chance to talk about driving in Canada, and gives us someone to ridicule at the same time.
He is worth every penny we pay him. :smiling_imp:

Good replies to another moronic posting.
When the old HOS were used,a short shift was allowed once a week,drive for 13 hrs,4 hr break then drive another 13.Coming from Europe I found it hard to imagine doing that,but in practice it was fine due to the lack of traffic and stress free driving out here.Used to run that shift whenever it suited.
As RRRRROOOBBBBBBBIIIIEEEEE admitted to being one of the most experienced expat drivers,he too would have used the short shift so would know it’s easier than it sounds.Time for your medication Rick( with a silent P). :laughing:

I am almost inclined to agree, Big Jons Dad. After all, where else on a UK forum can you get such comic relief? I am quite impressed with his new tack here… Do you think he is trying to irritate the Irish into joining in?

People like him need pity really, I suppose. It isn’t as if he has nothing going for him. After all, he probably has organs that can be donated, and medical science always want deformed brains to dissect… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

so the irish trucks run over their hours and speed … omg thats news mmmmmmmm…you cant have driven much in uk&europe not to have noticed…
… jimmy ex 80s irish flyer…

I’ve been reading a lot of the post in this forum but most seem to be about ex-pats in the americas so not really much for me to add input on but i have noticed how much crap is spouted by robbie :laughing: :laughing:

now he seems to have realised that irish hauliers break the law sometimes :open_mouth: well i never knew that :wink: :wink: :wink:

where have you been robbie :question: living in a darkened cave :question:
the irish have been blasting away for years and now the colonials have had enough of your rants you’ve decided to pick up on something even non truck related people know about :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It’s 13 in Canada and 11 here in the USA but hardly anyone will actually do that amount in a day unless he or she is long haul or a team driver doing coast to coast and even then 11 out of 14 total duty leaves 3 hours for rest stops.
My regular run is NYC to At Albans VT and it is not possible to do the round trip legaly in a day, we have to allow 7 hours driving to get to St Albans and I stand by my own rules ad tell the company I will take up to 9 hours to get there because nobody should drive for 7 hours non stop. Being a good company they agree with me.
There are companies that will push drivers to break the law here, it was the same in the UKand don’t say it isn’t, the driver has the option of sying “NO, I am not going to do that”

With the Irish, there is, or used to be, a lot more to it. They were paid very well a lot of the time, and the extra was worth doing to the driver. And I used to work for some of the biggest cowboys in the UK where it was expected but not rewarded.

Over here I often run my hours to the maximum. It largely depends on the job I am doing. Tomorrow will be a 13 hour drive because my tip is 10am central on Weds. If I wanted to do 10 hours then I would have to leave today and I don’t want to.

It is sad to think that people have to stoop so low in their desperate little posts as this idiot does. But there is comic relief attached to rooooooobbbbiiieebbiiiee in a way. You can just tell that the issues are so real to him… :laughing: :laughing:

Clearly, he has our interests at heart… My God, I think he loves us… :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Don’t know where I’d be without him and his invaluable mind of information :exclamation:
Rob,might want to check your route if you are planning to be in SK on Thursday,we’re due a big storm but not sure which direction it’s coming from.

Aw bugga… Either way I will be getting caught then. Still I know a route around the TC1 closures usually so I can keep going… :wink:

Thanks for the tip. Going to check it all out now. Got to be home for my medical on Friday.

bobthedog:
Aw bugga… Either way I will be getting caught then. Still I know a route around the TC1 closures usually so I can keep going… :wink:

Thanks for the tip. Going to check it all out now. Got to be home for my medical on Friday.

Back to plan A,the fantastically accurate Weather Network has now changed 10 inches of snow into flurries, :unamused:
Sorry to change your topic RRRRRRRROOOBBBBBBBIIIIEEEEEEE,but our weather is slightly more relevant to our lives than your constant gob-■■■■■■■ clap trap :exclamation:

That’s more like it, thanks. I can leave in the morning and drive the 4 million miles to Edmonton before 10am Weds, then get empty by bribing the natives into taking the load off by dangling it from their genitalia because we all know Canadians are strange, then throw a load of matchsticks on by myself, one at a time to a total of 350 tonnes gross, because we all run overloaded and bent here, then come home in one hit because I have to get back to the office to collect my $3.50 paycheque for the 740 million miles the firm made me drive in the past month… And, of course, I will then come home to my mud hut on the Prairie and have to fend off the wild dogs just to get in the door to drink my moonshine…

I alomost wish my boss was Irish… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jeez,and I thought I had an easy life :laughing: :laughing:

I said Roooobbbbbbiiiieeeiiiieeiebbbee was exaggerating, didn’t I??

:laughing: :laughing:

What time you gonna be in Edmonton Bob?
Keep an eye out for the FedEx trucks :slight_smile: I could be in the 53’ or a 5 tonne tomorrow. depending what time of day you may possibly see me … you may not see me though lol. Edmonton isn’t small and we only have about 4 trucks on the road.
Hope your unload goes well :slight_smile:

Got to drop at 9am on 12th ave SW…

And that was one hell of a flurry I came through, FTTM…

I did say Thursday not Tuesday,but where’d you hit it ?