Irish Haulier - the good, bad and the ugly!

Hi folks,
Just joined as a member today and would like to get some advice: i’m looking to get back in the driving saddle again but live in the Irish Republic now, so does anybody have any recommendations for companies I can approach here for work? Notwithstanding that Nolans / Breens etc are no-no’s, what about ones like Virginia, Maguires, Iggy Madden; Waltons etc.
Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!

Ta

Welcome mate no ideas of Irish companies meself, bt im sure plenty on here will have opinions :smiley:

Ayeeee, TOP OF THE MORNING TO YA THERE.
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

There is maybe a forum called Irish Rigs but I can’t put that on here of course :sunglasses:
Hello ,
Your account on “IRISH RIGS” has been removed by a administrator, this is done according to the site account policy
probably due to inactivity.
If you wish to be an active part of our community again, then please re-register using this link:
irishrigs.com/profile.forum?mode=register

Thanks folks for the replies. I’ll give that website a go, Woodlands.

Believe member switchlogic drives for Virginia, you could pm him for some info on them and as woodlands has said, visit Irish rigs.

Cheers Chopsticks i’ll drop Switch a line…

woodlands:
There is maybe a forum called Irish Rigs but I can’t put that on here of course :sunglasses:
Hello ,
Your account on “IRISH RIGS” has been removed by a administrator, this is done according to the site account policy
If you wish to be an active part of our community again, then please re-register using this link:

thats strange to have received such a reply for an avid poster , dye not think ?

routier:

woodlands:
Hello ,

thats strange to have received such a reply for an avid poster , dye not think ?

It’s Irish :smiley: :smiley:

I hear johnstons out on the Naas rd are always looking for drivers, (Can’t be a good thing). You could try Target or what about Eddie Stobarts? they’ve just set up over here.

> busyboy:
> I hear johnstons out on the Naas rd are always looking for drivers, (Can’t be a good thing)[/b]
>
> The must be doing something right as they are “Irish Haulier of the Year 2010” :wink: When I looked they tended to prefer Afrikaans and Eastern Europeans, do a fair bit of “ADR” work. :neutral_face:

Thanks Busyboy, tried Stobbys Ireland- they need drivers that live 30-45mins away from the Dublin depot. I live about 90mins away. In the good ol’ days that might not have been a problem with a shortage of decent drivers, these days they can pick from a good pool of drivers who probably live 15-20 minutes away!!!

If you’re still looking for euro work , this was out at start of month …

Arctic Truck Drivers (E+C Licence - International)
Person required to make deliveries and collections on an international basis.
Applicants must have a full E+C driving licence.
Candidates are required to have a basic command of the English language.
No. of Jobs: 3
Contract type: Permanent / Full Time
Hours per week: EEA Regulations
Start date: Immediate
Experience Required: Some Experience.
Salary: Neg Doe Euro
Please telephone Jim or Maggie on 056 7726452 or 087 8297524. Alternatively please email: maggiejvw@gmail.com
Employer:
Vincent Byrne & Sons Ltd.
Shraugh ,
Gowran,
Co Kilkenny,
Tel:056 7726452 Fax:056 7726639 E-Mail:jamesweldon@dol.ie

Haulwest also more recently for fridges:

Haulwest Transport Ltd.
Sheegus,
Ballyshannon,
Co: Donegal ,
Tel:071 98 58074
E-Mail: haulwest@eircom.net NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE ( best phone then :smiley: )
Haulwest Transport are requiring drivers who fulfill the following criteria (negotiable): minimum 6 months driving trucks experience in Ireland and Europe, full clean Driving Licence (EC category), Digital Tachograph Card, good understanding of driver legislation and Digital Tachograph Card, good geographical knowledge of Ireland and the continent, available immediately, experience in driving refrigerated trucks desirable, good references necessary, ability to work on own initiative where necessary.

woodlands:
If you’re still looking for euro work , this was out at start of month …

Arctic Truck Drivers (E+C Licence - International)
Person required to make deliveries and collections on an international basis.
Applicants must have a full E+C driving licence.
Candidates are required to have a basic command of the English language.
No. of Jobs: 3
Contract type: Permanent / Full Time
Hours per week: EEA Regulations
Start date: Immediate
Experience Required: Some Experience.
Salary: Neg Doe Euro
Please telephone Jim or Maggie on 056 7726452 or 087 8297524. Alternatively please email: maggiejvw@gmail.com
Employer:
Vincent Byrne & Sons Ltd.
Shraugh ,
Gowran,
Co Kilkenny,
Tel:056 7726452 Fax:056 7726639 E-Mail:jamesweldon@dol.ie

J. Weldon also known as JVW group blue/yellow R420 Scania’s. Definitely not one of the “good”. Weldon blew his trumpet about having no Irish driver’s and an all Scania fllet in an Irish trucking mag a year or two back,since then his Emmigrant driver’s featured heavily on a Panorama style program and Weldon lost his Argos contract. These day’s he does some Carna and Walsh western work.

If you have time watch all these. (apologies if these have been posted before).