Ireland or bust

on sunday i’ve got a job over to ireland. Is it true that if get caught with illegal immigrant in the back i can get fined £2000?

I some how dont think once they’ve managed to get here that they will want to leave :confused: :laughing:

Yes, I read about it in either the Beano or the Dandy !!! Someone is pulling you leg…lol

Mr B:
on sunday i’ve got a job over to ireland. Is it true that if get caught with illegal immigrant in the back i can get fined £2000?

"tis not a problem between here and Ireland. The illegal immigrants can’t hide their caravans in the containers! :wink:

Mr B:

No. You get a £2000 reward. It’ll be a ‘Kerry Man’ and you’ll be asked to return him there :smiley:

gnasty gnome:
"tis not a problem between here and Ireland. The illegal immigrants can’t hide their caravans in the containers! :wink:

:laughing:

Mr B beers on u lol ill be there monday

seriously though i’m sailing from liverpool at 8 and dropping at waterford sometime monday. Has anyone got any advice, places to stop etc.

Mr B:

You planning on taking over some of the taliban from Bradford? :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

If your only got 1 drop in Waterford,you`ll be back at the boat Monday night bud,were you reloading ? Were you shipping back ?

mr b.
generally you never get any taliban in you trailers in england.check your trailer before you leave your yard on sunday.
#as for shipping.
get up to liverpool early.cut off time is 9pm and they are sharp about it.id be there earlier if i were you.it gets very busy in the port…long queues to get on the ship,which is supposed to go at 10 pm.
as for ireland.
waterford is a good little spot.
be careful when driving from dublin,theres 2 railway bridges in the mullinavat area.you will get under them no prob,but they are on bad bends and you haver to take the wrong side of the road…just be careful.
if youare in waterford mon night,find a ■■■■■■■■■■■■ in the docks somewhere and ramble into town.plenty of good pubs and foodhouses.
theres a village not far away called kilmeedan[spelling may be wrong] theres a good pub there as well,not sure about parking now though.
they are trying to make ireland the same as england,no space to park a truck in some of the towns and villages.
enjoy the trip.if you dont want to go,just book yourself a hotel in liverpool and i will do the trip for you.
you can enjoy the capital of culture events sunday night.

greg50:
mr b.
generally you never get any taliban in you trailers in england.check your trailer before you leave your yard on sunday.
#as for shipping.
get up to liverpool early.cut off time is 9pm and they are sharp about it.id be there earlier if i were you.it gets very busy in the port…long queues to get on the ship,which is supposed to go at 10 pm.
as for ireland.
waterford is a good little spot.
be careful when driving from dublin,theres 2 railway bridges in the mullinavat area.you will get under them no prob,but they are on bad bends and you haver to take the wrong side of the road…just be careful.
if youare in waterford mon night,find a ■■■■■■■■■■■■ in the docks somewhere and ramble into town.plenty of good pubs and foodhouses.
theres a village not far away called kilmeedan[spelling may be wrong] theres a good pub there as well,not sure about parking now though.
they are trying to make ireland the same as england,no space to park a truck in some of the towns and villages.
enjoy the trip.if you dont want to go,just book yourself a hotel in liverpool and i will do the trip for you.
you can enjoy the capital of culture events sunday night.

Cheers greg i’m looking forward to it. Must be better than london or glasgow.

Mr B:
seriously though i’m sailing from liverpool at 8 and dropping at waterford sometime monday. Has anyone got any advice, places to stop etc.

I think you’ll find the boat sails about 10ish and gets in at dublin at about 6am.
DON’T go through the city unless you have a permit.
Don’t speed through the tunnel and keep your spacing.
Get some veggie roles they’re lovely.
Get used to being called a bean ■■■■■■■■ (sometimes) :laughing:
It’s really nice place to drive and work.
If you’ve got a cb. It’s am over there.

The imigrant thing is ■■■■■■■■.

Mr B:

Dublin to Waterford takes 3-4 hours(city),go via Kilkenny city you might find the thomastown route a little un-nerving :smiley:
Waterford city is fairly small and easy to find your way around.
You can get food in toughers newhall(take exit after Naas) theres another one outside Carlow(dont use the bypass)head for the town both have free parking.
You’ll make the boat home easy if you get tipped quickly but you may be backloading.if this happens Toughers Newhall is the best place to overnite as its just less than an hour from the boat in the morning.
ps. hgvs are banned from the outside lane on all motorways. Take a good look in your mirror before you pass something :wink:

ellies dad:
ps. hgvs are banned from the outside lane on all motorways. Take a good look in your mirror before you pass something :wink:

Same applied to dual carriageways.

The rule is something like if the speed limit displayed is greater than 80km/h you can’t use the outside lane, even if there’s only two. Me? I’m a bold boy and do it all the time. The guards are never around when I’m doing it! :laughing::lol::lol:

Is the five axle ban 24hours? I’ve never looked into it properly. I know I used to take a twin axle trailer into the city centre because of the 5 axles ban. Port tunnel is free if you over 3.5T, it’s just a very long way round the M50 to head south.

macplaxton:

ellies dad:

Same applied to dual carriageways.

The rule is something like if the speed limit displayed is greater than 80km/h you can’t use the outside lane, even if there’s only two. Me? I’m a bold boy and do it all the time. The guards are never around when I’m doing it! :laughing::lol::lol:

Is the five axle ban 24hours? I’ve never looked into it properly. I know I used to take a twin axle trailer into the city centre because of the 5 axles ban. Port tunnel is free if you over 3.5T, it’s just a very long way round the M50 to head south.

max…you will never go to heaven you know.
tut tut,driving in the outside lane on the naas road.
is forgivness ever possible?

limeyphil:

Mr B:

I think you’ll find the boat sails about 10ish and gets in at dublin at about 6am.
DON’T go through the city unless you have a permit.
Don’t speed through the tunnel and keep your spacing.
Get some veggie roles they’re lovely.
Get used to being called a bean [zb]. (sometimes) :laughing:
It’s really nice place to drive and work.
If you’ve got a cb. It’s am over there.

The imigrant thing is ■■■■■■■■.

only a small point to make.the hgv ban in dublin doesnt start until 7am,generally trucks are well gone out of the city by this time and you would be unlucky to get a bad cop whos looking for a victim.
i know its late posting this,but its a bit of info for anyone else who happens to be going over.

just to let you all know i did the job and made the ferry home with 2 hours to spare.
I like the passing areas on a roads that’s something we should copy in this country.

Mr B:
just to let you all know i did the job and made the ferry home with 2 hours to spare.
I like the passing areas on a roads that’s something we should copy in this country.

The poles will park on them.
Sorry orys :laughing:

At 7.30am i met 3 Joda freight trucks on the Naas road and again at 4.30pm goin back in-2 volvos and one iveco…was it you mr.b.