Ireland Info.

Any Irish members or exiles from the bean on here?

I’m moving to the Emerald Isle on July 4th. and will be starting work straight away transporting wind turbines.
Been told that I can use my UK bank account in order to receive salary payments etc. but need to apply for an Irish PPS number first. From what I’ve read it’s not that easy to do it from the UK so I will try to sort it out when I arrive in Dublin. I’ve already been given a written employment contract but will be moving around the country and will be provided with either a hotel or apartment wherever the job takes me so may need to use the company address for registration purposes.

What’s the easiest way of doing it? Do I just roll up at the dept. of social protection or PPS centre in Ireland with my ID and contract or is there any other way around it? From what I’ve been told the company secretary can’t take care of it herself and I need to be present in the country before the process begins.

Whilst we’re on the subject what has happened to the Irish Rigs forum?
Tried to get on there to learn a bit more about the place but was unable to register.
Looking forward to the craic in any case.

hi m8 roll upto company in dublin they give u some papers if u know when arriving tell them to book your appt in the pps offices in centre dublin

Irish rigs is still going. I was going to suggest you post your question there.

Lucky boy im jealous always wanted to live there but still have ties this side. Hope you enjoy it. :frowning:

Plenty of windmills going up over here.
Yes just go to job then get sorted as you go.
You do need to go in in person no big deal though.
Good luck with new job.
Dee

Hi all an exile here living in london so anything u need to know feel free to ask ,
With regards to PPS Number a friend of mine in the last few weeks (Uk Citizen) is buying a property in ireland and has to have a PPS number for this , i dont know why he has to , but he has done it through the mail , he had to send a consent form and copy of passport and long copy of his birth cert, to the department of social protection in carrick on shannon, he hasnt been in ireland in over a year and did not need to attend in person.
Granted he got a solicitor to do it for him in ireland but i am sure if u fill out the paperwork u wont need to attend, the following link should give u all the details u need

welfare.ie/en/Pages/Personal … Apply.aspx

Hope this helps