Iraq convoy video

For anyone that missed it on the BBC news tonight there’s a video to rival some of Coffee’s here …

halliburtonwatch.org/news/ambush.html

Scary stuff :open_mouth:

the video just endsed, have you not got the ebd of the video, if you where offered the right money would you go there, and do that jobbb, the gy driving the wagon wasnt evn a soldier he was plain clothed, no gun or nothing,

That was scary. :open_mouth:
One wrong turn and that’s it

northernirishinlpool:
if you where offered the right money would you go there,

Yeah, I’d go there ifd I didn’t have the kids. Was there the first time around. It’s an adrenaline junkies nirvana…you get one hell of a rush. It makes you feel like you’re alive and not permanently one step from the grave as driving in the UK does. Takes a certain kind of nutter though. There is absolutely no rush in this world like the one you get from going out knowing people are trying to kill you.

I have issues don’t I?

Issues… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Why any one, combat trained, with armour, guns, AND an armered personel carrier would WANT to do that is beyond me…

But WHAT on earth would make you do it WITHOUT all the above… :open_mouth: Just a bunkbed for protection… :exclamation:

CRAZY… :wink:

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

There is a TruckNet member who has done this, and is back there doing a second stint at the moment. At least I think he is still there.

You can read the account of his first tour over there, here.

And I thought I had problems with neds in the Gorbals :frowning:

Hi when i worked in uk on the rigs i applied for said job i never got a reply does anyone know who i can apply to for work.
PS IM NOT CRAZY

Coffeeholic:
There is a TruckNet member who has done this, and is back there doing a second stint at the moment.

Yeah, Neil was the first person I thought of when I saw that, kind of put what he’d written about it into perspective. :open_mouth:

Conor:

northernirishinlpool:
if you where offered the right money would you go there,

Yeah, I’d go there ifd I didn’t have the kids. Was there the first time around. It’s an adrenaline junkies nirvana…you get one hell of a rush. It makes you feel like you’re alive and not permanently one step from the grave as driving in the UK does. Takes a certain kind of nutter though. There is absolutely no rush in this world like the one you get from going out knowing people are trying to kill you.

I have issues don’t I?

Not the least being an Army disability and a knock back from the TA !!!

Just noticed the first link to the video is just an editted version, the full version is at the bottom of the page, or here …

halliburtonwatch.org/reports/KBR_ambush.ram

Sitting ducks. No protection on those trucks at all…! I hope he did leave Iraq after that shambles…

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: jesus thats scary :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Speaking as a totally inexperienced newbie that’s never driven Class 1, how practical a suggestion would it have been for the truck behind to nudge up to his trailer and push? I know they probably wouldn’t get far like that, and they’d have to negotiate steering via radio to get around the overturned truck ahead, but would be better than just sitting there, and the second driver would at least get a bit of cover from the one in front’s trailer.

Or is there a factor I haven’t thought of that would prevent it working? Not that I’m criticising the guy behind him for going around him for one minute. Just trying to mentally place myself in the situation and think how I would react.

I think you would have to be there to appreciate the situation they found themselves in.

harry:
I think you would have to be there to appreciate the situation they found themselves in.

Absolutely.

I knows there’s lots of rules they have to follow as to what to do in particular situations too.

There is a TruckNet member who has done this, and is back there doing a second stint at the moment. At least I think he is still there.

yep still here :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

neil46:

yep still here :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

GOOD! F.F.S neil be careful… that video is awful

:open_mouth: .

Jesus,brave or mad i don’t know,but bloody scary!
What the hell are we doing down there,another Bush/Blair production who someone will have to sort out when they both get kicked out of office.