Ipswich to Genoa

Just been asked to price a job to Genoa.

It’s a loaded 20’ container to go to Genoa docks, lift off and empty home. Must go on a skelly.

Any useful input welcomed, tolls, tunnels, etc.

Cheers. :wink:

If its only a 20 footer get a stepframe skele otherwise you could be over height. We took a container to Kosovo a couple of years ago and that was 4.2mts on a normal skele. we didnt have any height problems but I think you might have in Italy.

Paul

Tis a pity you cannot use a stepframe flat or a low loader, then a nice tidy load of Genoan tiles for home :stuck_out_tongue:

If you do use a step frame skelly, try one of the tank container men for a backload of Olive Oil

We’ve done jobs out with skellys with lift-offs but we’ve never found a container coming back.

I would price it as a round trip, empty home. I would charge about £3,800 for that, and if they weren’t happy with that then they could go and do the other thing. :wink:

Harry Monk:
We’ve done jobs out with skellys with lift-offs but we’ve never found a container coming back.

I would price it as a round trip, empty home. I would charge about £3,800 for that, and if they weren’t happy with that then they could go and do the other thing. :wink:

I think the job is already priced harry, possibly another miss-ship like the Le Havre!

Thanks for the replys.
I know what i want to take from the job, but, same as last time i can’t find a straight forward way to calculate the tolls/tunnel, etc. Idid toy with the idea of using my psk but it’s only an 8 pin and we’d be a few inches overheight with the box on the front. :cry:

Tolls will cost you approx. €400 each way including the Blanc.

Goaty:
Thanks for the replys.
I know what i want to take from the job, but, same as last time i can’t find a straight forward way to calculate the tolls/tunnel, etc. Idid toy with the idea of using my psk but it’s only an 8 pin and we’d be a few inches overheight with the box on the front. :cry:

For future reference all the tolls can be calculated at www.autoroutes.fr and you’ll find a link to Mont Blanc tunnel there. If it helps I normally price £600 each way for toll, tunnels, etc. A bit over the top but better be safe than sorry.

Wheel Nut:
Tis a pity you cannot use a stepframe flat or a low loader, then a nice tidy load of Genoan tiles for home :stuck_out_tongue:

If you do use a step frame skelly, try one of the tank container men for a backload of Olive Oil

Another advantage of the stepframe skelly or flat is that you can strap a couple of spare wheels on the front which could save a fortune if the worst were to happen. (don’t forget to chain & lock them on!!)

Ross.

Thanks, again fella’s. Sadly it has “fallen out of bed”…

Maybe next time. :unamused:

Goaty:

Vladik or Piotr will be doing it for £250.

Harry Monk:

Goaty:

Sticking out of the roof of a stripped down tilt:)

Ross.

Harry Monk:

Goaty: