Ipod 1.0.3 nano 4th gen......vista

i bought 2 ipods at christmas, one works fine…but the other is not

-the mrs unplugged it, without ejecting it properly on itunes

-this made it go into “disc mode”

-and now will not work at all

-tried reset on itunes, does not work

-tried reset on ipod, by pressing centre button and menu at same time, does not work

-there is a reset download available, but is not compat. with vista■■?

can you help cheers

Sorry mate. You may need to get in touch with Apple support.

I’m surprised they only have a tool to fix this on XP. Do you have a mate nearby
or another PC running XP, that you could try it on.

Is it because they both need to be authorised or is that just the computers you run them from.

I have one Ipod but 2 computers that I load it from and I have to switch authority each time. I run XP and Vista

I know what I mean, but I never do anything with my Ipod except pull the cable out and shove it in my pocket.

cheers for the replies,

on hold at mo with apple support, up to 15 mins wait!!!

chris:
cheers for the replies,

on hold at mo with apple support, up to 15 mins wait!!!

Are you up and running now. I looked at my workshop manual and if the ipod is in Manual mode then the disc must be ejected through iTunes. That is why mine is ok when I just rip the cable out and run downstairs. I use mine in automatic mode.

I dont know the difference except I know my ipod has worked like that for 2 years.

Didnt mean to confuse you :wink:

i contacted point of sale and they will send it off to be fixed, so fingers crossed.

apple guy suggested to take it to my nearest apple helpdesk, which is in bentalls dep. store in kingston, so thats handy to know for the future

got it back now, a simple replacement under warranty