Iphone hands free devices?

Moving over onto an iphone next week and was wondering what devices people used for hands free when in the truck. Seen a few on amazon but some reviews say they are not good at cutting out the background noise when travelling at 40mph+. Looking for a fairly cheapish one if that is even possible with an Apple product!

Personally I just use the wired headphones that come with it. Better than any bluetooth thing.

mine goes through the bluetooth hands set in the cab. (parrot device) clear as a bell and plays my mp3’s as well. does your cab hands free already have bluetooth :question:

jonboy

A normal hands free blue tooth ear piece will do the job.
Cheap as chip from around £6+ from various retailers (play, 7dayshop, tesco, etc, etc)
The pairing process is exactly the same for a iphone as it is for any mobile
IIRC I paid around £7.50 for a motorola blue tooth ear piece

i use mine thro my tomtom

ive got a jawbone 2.cost around £40 a few years ago.cuts out all background noise and people i ring dont even know im on handsfree.crystal clear at all times.you get what you pay for :smiley:

switchlogic:
Personally I just use the wired headphones that come with it. Better than any bluetooth thing.

That’s what I use with my phone and anyone I’ve driven with who has an iPhone just uses the headphones.

Coffeeholic:

switchlogic:

That’s what I use with my phone and anyone I’ve driven with who has an iPhone just uses the headphones.

I just find bluetooth headsets a waste of space. Just having to ■■■■ around charging it and pairing it just means it just much easier to plug the headphones in. Plus of course you don’t look a complete twonk

Coffeeholic:

switchlogic:

Me too. Just remember to only put one earpiece in or you’ll get the wife in stereo, and that’s not cool.

switchlogic:
Plus of course you don’t look a complete twonk

+1

You see some people walking about shops and places with these things stuck in their lugholes :laughing: :laughing: [zb]s

switchlogic:

Coffeeholic:

switchlogic:

I just find bluetooth headsets a waste of space. Just having to ■■■■ around charging it and pairing it just means it just much easier to plug the headphones in. Plus of course you don’t look a complete twonk

That’s the most important reason. My favourites are the guys who wear their Bluetooth thingy on the train, WTF is that about? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a cheapish ear peice was about a tenner. Works fine I only use it when I’m on the phone driving as other people have said you look like some kind of moron if you keep it in at all times.
I did try the standard ones by kept getting tangled up when the phone rung.
Had a parrot hands free In my old lorry which was good but no sure on price.

In my car I have a Blaupunkt stereo with bluetooth connectivity, less than £100 from Halfords. It gives me hands free calling with built in mic and I can play music through it aswell. If your in the same motor all the time and the stereo is 12 volt well worth the investment if you have an iPhone

Been told I can’t use my signature by some elitist ■■■■■■

I use a Bluetooth radio CD in the lorry & an ear piece in my car. Both work very well with my iphone4. I think the Bluetooth Radio CD I bought in Lidls for less than £50 & fitted in an old Corsa we hve here car is as good if not better than the radio fitted in my lorry from new by Volvo. If my lorry radio pack in I’ll be refitting the “cheapie” in the lorry.

BB

I have mine connected blue tooth to my tomtom works perfectly.

The headphones for me too. Don’t see the point in paying any extra when they come free with the phone, and they work brilliantly

Thanks for the replies. To be honest I didn’t know what accessories actually came with the iphone but as it comes with earphones I shall be using them! I use the earphones on my sony ericsson at moment and never had any problems with them, until I took a call while turning into a farm and the wires got wrapped round the steering wheel :blush: . Would prefer a parrot handsfree but as it is my money i’m spending i’ll go for the cheaper option!

Nokia BH102 bluetooth head set, ive tried loads, but this one is clear as a bell, and its also gets the thumbs up from whoever you ring :grimacing:
Cost me about £11

i have an iphone 4 and the jabra at £17 that lasts about 8 hrs is a steal! :smiley:

My Merc truck I got given early this year has bluetooth built into its radio, so I use that for the company phone. Company truck/radio - company phone, seems fair to me.
It also has an auxiliary input jack on the front of it, which I use to play music from my phone through (and sound for DVDs on my laptop). With my phone plugged into the radio it also works as a handsfree, I just have to click the ‘headset’ button on my phones screen. I’ve no idea how good the sound quality is at the other end, but it sounds fine at mine :smiley:
Maybe one of the people I’ve spoken using it this way can enlighten us :grimacing:

I’ve also got one of those tiny, very short range radio transmitters, for transmitting music from an mp3 player to your radio. It’s a standard 3.5mm jack plug. That would probably work just as well, but I haven’t tried it with my phone yet. It needs a power supply and I forgot I’ve got a cig’ lighter to usb power plug, it’s so long since I’ve used it. :blush: