iPhone 6 charger

Can anyone help I’m looking for new charger for new phone, is there such a device that works in both 12v & 24v sockets, as times I’ve jumped into a unit and 12v not working, and I’m not risking new phone in 24v without proper device, many thanks Ed

Most are dual voltage and will specify ‘12/24v’ on the packaging and possibly the charger itself. If it does not specify that, don’t risk it. I would stick with the major brands too. I know Nokia tend to make their chargers dual voltage

Works on both

ive looked on apple website and none seem to do both I want a good brand as had a cheap one before and that just fried the charger and my phone and that was just in the 12v socket

Not a phone charger but I’ve just bought a 5way USB charging port that is 12/24v , if you go on amazon and type in saicoo you will see it , got certain ports for apple devices , someone on here recommend it and it’s spot on , cost £15 I think , I just plug in the USB and press the button

Cheers will go have a look now

All the Apple ones work on both, they are all droppers anyway as your phone actually charges on 5 volts not 12.

I use a simple USB Car Charger that came with my Plantronics bluetooth headset. Says 12v/24v on the side so it doesn’t matter what socket you put it in and our Actros’ have a 12v switch on the dash anyway which is the first button I press upon entering the cab every morning.

Coffeeholic:
All the Apple ones work on both, they are all droppers anyway as your phone actually charges on 5 volts not 12.

is that as in the phone or chargers that drop the power input please

Trucker Ed:

Coffeeholic:

Chargers, including the mains ones of both types for iPhone/iPod and iPad. If you take the lead out of the mains charger and plug it into the USB port on your computer then it’s getting a direct 5 volt charge but through any of the charger plugs it is dropped to 5 volts before it gets to the phone. The iPad mains charger puts out more amps than the iPhone one but they both put out 5 volts, the pad takes longer to charge if you use the phone charger rather than the pad one but it still charges. The iPad won’t always charge from a PC USB because although it’s 5 volts the amps aren’t usually enough.

Coffeeholic:

Trucker Ed:

Coffeeholic:

Chargers, including the mains ones of both types for iPhone/iPod and iPad. If you take the lead out of the mains charger and plug it into the USB port on your computer then it’s getting a direct 5 volt charge but through any of the charger plugs it is dropped to 5 volts before it gets to the phone. The iPad mains charger puts out more amps than the iPhone one but they both put out 5 volts, the pad takes longer to charge if you use the phone charger rather than the pad one but it still charges. The iPad won’t always charge from a PC USB because although it’s 5 volts the amps aren’t usually enough.

Many thanks for that I will order a in car charger from Apple as don’t come with one Ive just been too afraid to fry this one and risk anything I even used a very old phone last week as not to risk new one haha.

Trucker Ed:

Coffeeholic:

Trucker Ed:

Coffeeholic:

Many thanks for that I will order a in car charger from Apple as don’t come with one Ive just been too afraid to fry this one and risk anything I even used a very old phone last week as not to risk new one haha.

Don’t pay silly Apple prices for one, get one of these as mentioned above

amazon.co.uk/Saicoo%C2%AE-se … B00IL1DJCQ

You can’t go wrong, it will charge whatever USB device you throw at it (Sat nav, headset, phone, ipad, whatever)

£11.99 delivered.

Watch out for ones like these - store.apple.com/uk/product/HG1Q2 … ar-charger

They are rated at 12v and tend to smoke and make a popping noise when plugged into a 24v socket, which is easily done depending on which truck you are in.

The Amazon one is 12 or 24 volts

Coffeeholic:

Trucker Ed:

Coffeeholic:

The Saicoo has 1 pin (Data I think) that has a resister fitted to the ground so it can charge iPads/iPhones at full power (2Amps)

That is why they have Apple and NA-Not Apple ports

Most devices (That are not Apple or Samsung) will work either way but some are quite fussy, thats why if you plug an ipad into a samsung charger - it will show its plugged in but will say “NOT CHARGING” in the corner