Invertor...

I will apologise in advance, as this has probably been discussed several times in TNUK history, but I need an invertor for my truck which will power my lap top, and possibly a microwave. Any advice on the type required.

A 150 watt will keep the laptop charged.
It will also plug into one of the sockets in the cab
To run a 240 v microwave requires a much larger and more expensive model which will
need to be wired straight to the batteries.
There are lots of topics covering this in detail.
Here’s one

Regards,
Nick.

24v intvertor will be ok for the lappy, but using a 12v power source and invertor with a lappy can often make it scream the warning noise out :imp: you can get 12v lappy chargers that go in the cig lighter… ive just got one for mine so i dont need the invertor.

If using a microwave you will need at least a1500 CONSTANT with 3000 (ish) surge. Years ago (8) this would cost you about £600 +,today < £100 ! Try and get one with a fly lead on,so you can turn it on and off easier.Hard wire it,under bunk ■■..They just run a household extenetion cable to the middle of your truck,simples…MUST BE HARD WIRED

Cheers guys. My wife will attempt to find me a suitable model, in time for Crimbo. as ever TNUK members answer all questions posed.

cheap invertor 300 w 12 v maplin electronics £25

The guy in the little hut at Gordano services on the m5 near Bristol sells them. Get a 24 volt one, the 12 volt ones aren’t very good, if you have a 24 volt feed to plug it into that is.

what truck u running our lads have scannys and run it from the anderson socket using a modified cow bell wire