Inverters

Anybody know if I can run a 700w microwave using this

Cheers

Should be OK, I would have thought.

E-mail the seller - they will probably give a more specific answer.

I would use an over rated inverter, i.e a 1000w one, also get one with a 24v input and wire it directy to the batteries on its own fuses, which is what ive done - Also a 24 volt unit does not draw so many amps and if your limited to about 10 amps output power in a truck on a 12 volt socket. :wink: :wink:

Inverters generally pull 1 amp for every 10 watts of output you want to use at 12 volts and 0.5 amp for every 10 watts at 24 volts :wink: :wink:

Depends what the 800 watt rating is, continuous or peak, if its continuous then your ok as it will deliver a sustained 800 watts, if the 800 w is peak then it can only deliver that for short periods without tripping on over temperature.

The 700 watts as quoted for the microwave will be its output power, its input power will be a lot more, possibly even double. look at the equipment they list it being suitable for, none of them come close to drawing what a microwave will.

As Coffee just said… :wink:

And, whilst that isn’t a bad price, if you can find a 24v one, it’ll be half the size for the same quoted output (and half the current draw), or twice as powerful if it’s the same size… !!!

If you do get that one, just be careful wiring it up, as it’s gonna draw alot of current… :exclamation:

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

I was in CDC Avonmouth on Friday and they have a 24V microwave for £145.00

Be quick though, I imagine they’ll be selling like hot cakes at that price.

Cheers for the replies, so would this be more suitable

Tramper:
I was in CDC Avonmouth on Friday and they have a 24V microwave for £145.00

Be quick though, I imagine they’ll be selling like hot cakes at that price.

That’s a good price but avonmouth is miles away from me. Had a look on their website and they’re £270 :open_mouth:

That will do but watch your battery