Inverters, which one

Just bought a 19in tv for in my truck so need to get an inverter, pref one that plugs into the lighter socket, either 12 or 24v. Problem is I don`t know what size I need, help please.
Cheers,Mark.

don’t need a big one for a tv 300w would be ample preferably on 24v

Cheers for that, better get on flea bay.

black and decker 400w from argos got mine on sale for £15. go on line to see if any left.

black and decker invertors are pants… and the fan seems to go all the time while your using it… mine packed in after a few weeks, , challange invertors are better from argos.

Does you TV have a separate power brick or is it built in to the telly? If it has a separate one it will more than likely be 12V, there will be a label on it giving the output voltage, and if it is you can just make up a cable with the correct jack plug on one end and a cigarette plug on the other and plug straight into your 12 volt socket.

Im suprised the OP didnt double check when he bought the TV whether the TV had an internal 12v option, many do. As posted before, some of the bland brand TV`s sold by the major retailers (tesco etc) have the 12v plug in the back. You just need to be a PITA while in store & spin a few around to check the input sockets.
Otherwise for inverters check out tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/ … index.html
This is where I got mine :grimacing:

Did look and no it ain`t a 12v job, so thanks for the link for inverters.