Inverter

Thinking of inverting…would 1000watt be enough to run a mircowave? what do others use?
Thanks

Was about to ask a similar question…will 150-300w be enough for general use not involving a cooler or microwave?

Thanks

Tazbug

dont buy one of those ebay 10 bob shiete from china,ya get what ya pay for in this life :smiley:

and bear in mind a 24v invertor takes around 42 amps at 1kw so do’nt be wiring it up with speaker wire :open_mouth:

I’ve been thinking about getting a 1-2K one how would I go about it ? I’ve read wiring straight to the batteries is best via anderson leads but what’s the difference between all the amps etc … Is it not as easy as buying one wiring to the battery and away you go

to do it right the wiring will cost you half of the price of a decent inverter again,probably a 60 amp fuse near the battery terminals,thick wire,anderson connector (a lot of artics have the connector there allready).they say to put the inverter as close as if feasable to the battery to reduce loss and a lot have remote controls to turn off.they recommend getting one which will shut off before the battery goes flat.there seems to be a load of small foreign crap on ebay,i think for your microwave use you would want around a 1200 at least (should be a bloody big heavy thing if it’s decent).

Why is a pure sine wave 1 better ? Or is it

pure sine wave is more like from a socket,i think the invertor subject is deffo one of these where you pay for crap you get crap,would you feel safe buying a kilowatt invertor off ebay running on crap wire and risking burning the truck to the ground on a night out or even worse tripping out when your cooking your curry :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Smoggie89:
Why is a pure sine wave 1 better ? Or is it

Some electrial gadgets are a bit sensative to modifiyed sine wave, had a lap top that did’nt like it.
However this is the exception, a good modifiyd sine wave is going to be ok with most stuff.

Just had a quick look on google pure sine wave 2000w £400+ is the about right or is that too cheap/expensive

Smoggie89:
Just had a quick look on google pure sine wave 2000w £400+ is the about right or is that too cheap/expensive

Can you post the link?

bazstan009:

Smoggie89:

Can you post the link?

I’m on my phone and it’s only copying the main page of website , sunshine inverter on cb-shack and official website is £479 , there is a 2000w on maplin for £529 all roughly same price apart from eBay all different

Smoggie89:

bazstan009:

Smoggie89:

Can you post the link?

I’m on my phone and it’s only copying the main page of website , sunshine inverter on cb-shack and official website is £479 , there is a 2000w on maplin for £529 all roughly same price apart from eBay all different

cb-shack.co.uk/sunshine-powe … -1376.html.
If this one be worth getting remote switch, optional extra.
Not been shopping for inverter for ages so not going to say if price is good or bad.
Inverter looks ok though.

bazstan009:

Smoggie89:

bazstan009:

Smoggie89:

Can you post the link?

cb-shack.co.uk/sunshine-powe … -1376.html.
If this one be worth getting remote switch, optional extra.
Not been shopping for inverter for ages so not going to say if price is good or bad.
Inverter looks ok though.

That’s the one, i guess you get what you pay for,

I bought cheap inverters . Crap then bought a ring 2100watt inverter best thing i bought payed about £250 two years ago and runs my microwave 850watt and no problem with my laptop

GETTING:
I bought cheap inverters . Crap then bought a ring 2100watt inverter best thing i bought payed about £250 two years ago and runs my microwave 850watt and no problem with my laptop

Is ring the make of it ?

Ringautomotive.co.uk