inverter

does any one know what watt inverter will run a tele or laptop and maybe eventualy a microwave would 300 or 600 watt be sufficient

300 watt would be sufficient for laptop and tv but definitely not a microwave! I’ve recently asked the same question and the common answer is that the inverter needs to be at least double the wattage of the microwave, i.e. 600 watt microwave will need 1500 watt inverter whereas a 800 watt will need a 2000watt inverter.

The wattage of the inverter you need depends on what you are planning to use it for, but basically the question you need to ask yourself is “How much heat does it generate?”

A TV or a laptop will become slightly warm after an hour or two, a microwave oven will boil water in 30 seconds.

A 300w inverter will run a laptop or TV, a 3000w inverter will run a microwave oven.

dont waste ur money on inverters mate, thay do laptop chargers as most are only 19 v as for microwave get urself a 24v one, had mine about 12 years with no probs, a load or our lads have inverters but thay dont seem to last more than a year and thay have to replaice them

i run a 150w inverter for my laptop its a 12v one about 30 quid from go outdoors never had a problem

I’ve been running a 300w inverter in my car to charge my wife’s 24v mobility scooter. No problems now, but originally I used it with a cigar lighter plug. These burned out very quickly (cheapo ones) so now its hard-wired into the cigar light circuit via a ten amp fuse. No problems now. We haven’t mains-charged the scooter for two years now.
Mine was from Maplins, about £30 as I remeber.

chester1:
dont waste ur money on inverters mate, thay do laptop chargers as most are only 19 v as for microwave get urself a 24v one, had mine about 12 years with no probs, a load or our lads have inverters but thay dont seem to last more than a year and thay have to replaice them

I’m willing to bet you a tenner that there isn’t a 24v ciggie charger for laptops that will power any current laptops. They don’t provide enough amps and get very, very hot indeed.