Inverter for microwave

Hi guys I want to get a inverter for the truck I have a 700 watt microwave but not sure what best inverter to go for and also does it need to be fitted professionally

Rodneytrotter89:
Hi guys I want to get a inverter for the truck I have a 700 watt microwave but not sure what best inverter to go for and also does it need to be fitted professionally

What truck ?
I have a 2000w constant 4000w peak pure sine wave inverter and it can handle a 800w microwave with1kw grill as well ebay.co.uk/itm/2000W-4000W- … 2749.l2649
You also need 16mm2 twinflex or similar 110amp cable a mega fuse of at least 110 amps
Take power off Anderson socket or battery or if a mp4 Actros there’s a connection point in fuse box in passengers foot well

P/S don’t forget to ask your boss if it’s ok to fit one :wink:

blue estate:
if a mp4 Actros there’s a connection point in fuse box in passengers foot well

Is there? :open_mouth:
I got mine fitted at an Auto Elec place and they wired it right through to the batteries on the back of the chassis, despite there being 2 terminals directly behind the cab.
Can’t remember how much they charged but it wasn’t cheap, but I managed to shame our lot into paying for it (at a surprisingly and out of character weak moment :smiley: )

Any chance of photoing it, or telling me which point it is and where mate (for next time)
Cheers.

robroy:

blue estate:

I got mine fitted at an Auto Elec place and they wired it right through to the batteries on the back of the chassis, despite there being 2 terminals directly behind the cab.
Can’t remember how much they charged but it wasn’t cheap, but I managed to shame our lot into paying for it (at a surprisingly and out of character weak moment :smiley: )

Any chance of photoing it, or telling me which point it is and where mate (for next time)
Cheers.

Yep , pull panel out under dash and in the top l/h and r/h corners is a M12 stud l/h + r/h -

blue estate:

robroy:

blue estate:

Cheers.

Yep , pull panel out under dash and in the top l/h and r/h corners is a M12 stud l/h + r/h -

Ok so how big an inverter is it capable of carrying (not electrically minded btw :blush: ) think mines a 3000 w one.

robroy:

blue estate:

robroy:

blue estate:

Cheers.

Ok so how big an inverter is it capable of carrying (not electrically minded btw :blush: ) think mines a 3000 w one.

My previous one was 3k and worked ok in 2 Mp4 :wink:

Ok thanks for that mate, I’ll bear it in mind if/when I change my truck.
You would have thought the auto elec would have known eh? :unamused:

I’m thinking of breaking out the Daewoo microwave, but to do so I will need to invest in an inverter and associated leads from atleadsandlooms.co.uk/products/ … mega-fuse/
I confess I don’t know enough to spec the right inverter and the spec for the leads to match the current Renault T460 I’m driving. There’s an Anderson plug on the catwalk which I can connect to, so can someone with a Daewoo help me spec the leads etc

I asked the boss nicely after I bought an inverter (3000w ) if he would get it wired in for me . As the truck was only 8 months old and still under a 3 year r+m deal he got the local Volvo dealer to wire it up . When I left it in for an 8 week check I took the inverter with me and showed the workshop manager what I wanted - I wanted a anderson plug wired in to behind the passenger seat or into the side locker behind the passenger seat. I already had the anderson lead on the inverter as I was running it off the tail lift lead on the back of the cab . That way I can unplug it at the weekends or take it out when I’m on holidays and not have loose heavy duty cables lying about .

Links for what I have and where I got them (other retailers are available etc etc )

Inverter -
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01 … UTF8&psc=1

Lead (same as pierre )-
atleadsandlooms.co.uk/products/ … mega-fuse/

peirre:
I’m thinking of breaking out the Daewoo microwave, but to do so I will need to invest in an inverter and associated leads from atleadsandlooms.co.uk/products/ … mega-fuse/
I confess I don’t know enough to spec the right inverter and the spec for the leads to match the current Renault T460 I’m driving. There’s an Anderson plug on the catwalk which I can connect to, so can someone with a Daewoo help me spec the leads etc

a spare tail lift lead to get the length ( easily aquired if you know how :wink: ) , one of the leads you linked to and a 175 amp fuse will run a 3000w inverter and a 700 w microwave comfortably . it will also boil a 2.2kw kettle no problem .

beefy4605:
I asked the boss nicely after I bought an inverter (3000w ) if he would get it wired in for me . As the truck was only 8 months old and still under a 3 year r+m deal he got the local Volvo dealer to wire it up . When I left it in for an 8 week check I took the inverter with me and showed the workshop manager what I wanted - I wanted a anderson plug wired in to behind the passenger seat or into the side locker behind the passenger seat. I already had the anderson lead on the inverter as I was running it off the tail lift lead on the back of the cab . That way I can unplug it at the weekends or take it out when I’m on holidays and not have loose heavy duty cables lying about .

Links for what I have and where I got them (other retailers are available etc etc )

Inverter -

Lead (same as pierre )-

That’s the inverter I had and it’s a very good one ,

blue estate:

beefy4605:

Inverter -

Lead (same as pierre )-

Got to agree I like it - especially the remote which is very useful when wired in properly. if I remember I’ll take a few pics of it tomorrow . Did you ever have any problems with the 240 plugs coming loose . I have a piece of elastic holding mine in as a" just in case "

beefy4605:

blue estate:

beefy4605:

Inverter -

Lead (same as pierre )-

Got to agree I like it - especially the remote which is very useful when wired in properly. if I remember I’ll take a few pics of it tomorrow . Did you ever have any problems with the 240 plugs coming loose . I have a piece of elastic holding mine in as a" just in case "

Yes I did , but other wise a good inverter that I used in 2 trucks ok and I have sold it to work mate and up graded to a pure sine wave one

Why do you need an in line fuse . I’ve been told all vehicles with Anderson connector fitted will have a inline fuse about 8 inch from the battery.

fingermissing:
Why do you need an in line fuse . I’ve been told all vehicles with Anderson connector fitted will have a inline fuse about 8 inch from the battery.

Because the Anderson one will be higher rated than one needed for inverter

blue estate:

fingermissing:

Because the Anderson one will be higher rated than one needed for inverter

Thank you I see now

My set up in my current truck a 2014 TGX
2000w inverter 800w microwave and 1kw kettle

Lead comes in to cab here

Lead plugs in to Anderson socket and runs along chassis

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is the picture of a mp4 fuse box

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got my micro from these people,i run the 500 w off 1000w inverter kitchenwareonline.com/Mobil … 02x2192051

thats how mine looks - sorry it took so long to upload the pic. Extension lead plugs into the back along with the remote lead - 240 volt plug sits at the side of the passenger seat , remote is sitting in the center console of the cab for easy switching on and off .