Inverter for microwave TECHNICAL question

Im looking at inverters on ebay (only got a 600w at the min) i can get a 1500w modified sine wave for next to nothing or i can get a pure sine wave for allot of money. Does anyone use a microwave on a modified sine wave inverter? Apparently i need a pure for a microwave thanks.

I use a modified sine wave on mine with no problems.
Breedy.

breedy:
I use a modified sine wave on mine with no problems.
Breedy.

Good can save money then!!! im looking at a 1500w 3000w peak should be enough for a 700w apparently.Just want to make sure i get it right nothing like parking up and finding out the sodding thing doesn’t work. Will be nice to not have to park away from everyone whilst i cook my tea.

Make sure its connected directly to the battery. We have had so many truck catch fire because drivers just plugged them in to an outlet.
Not saying you are stupid but there are some reallyl dumb blokes out there.

My 1000watt inverter run a 700watt microwave ok, mine wired into the main points in the fuse box, just how Mercedes told me to.
Breedy.

i use a £15.39 all ride electic 24volt oven[buy in any wild bean cafe at mo]put in a curry or shepards pie start 30 min timer and the foods ready when you park up[and it looks a lot nicer all golden brown].ive got a house hold extention lead direct to batteries the a house hold 13 amp plug on the oven,works a treat

europleb:
i use a £15.39 all ride electic 24volt oven[buy in any wild bean cafe at mo]put in a curry or shepards pie start 30 min timer and the foods ready when you park up[and it looks a lot nicer all golden brown].ive got a house hold extention lead direct to batteries the a house hold 13 amp plug on the oven,works a treat

Thats what i have at the minute but you cant chuck a lasagne in it or do scrambled eggs. The oven is ok and will be good for when i fancy cooking a pizza up or fish etc just the microwave is so much faster :smiley:

Thanks for your help people.

Oh my current invertor is wired direct to the input on the fuse board. :smiley:

Danny27404:
Im looking at inverters on ebay (only got a 600w at the min) i can get a 1500w modified sine wave for next to nothing or i can get a pure sine wave for allot of money. Does anyone use a microwave on a modified sine wave inverter? Apparently i need a pure for a microwave thanks.

Ummmm where from? Can you get me one please?