Introduction

Hi all,
I have been around for a while trawling through the threads and all the great advice on here regarding training etc, I spent 6 years driving a 7.5t all over the UK, Northern Ireland and Belgium a lot of it was subbie to A1 Transport when they had the Constar International contract and CCSB, I went on to be the T/M for H&H Haulage for 5 years, then got married, wife was earning more so i ended up a House Hubbie :astonished:
Anyways I am now in a situation where I have saved hard and can afford to get my class 1 & 2 the job I am doing now is very quickly going down the pan, probably 8 months left there so the sooner i’m out the better, I still know mates etc in haulage and a few contacts have said they can offer work :sunglasses:
There is a local trainer (Melmerby near Ripon) that i am wanting to visit to discus whats next so to speak and am also looking at recomendations from this site.
A couple of things i would like to know…

Is the test in an Auto still going to be available?

and do i need to wait for the licence to come back after passing class 2 then send off for class 1 provisional? or can both courses run back to back?

thanks all :slight_smile:
Ady

Is the test in an Auto still going to be available?

and do i need to wait for the licence to come back after passing class 2 then send off for class 1 provisional? or can both courses run back to back?

Hi and welcome. Tests in auto have always been available- but have resulted in a licence restricted to auto. This is due to change anytime so that anyone passing on auto will be granted a manual licence. Also, existing auto licence holders will be able to exchange their licence for a manual. The only conditions are that the candidate must hold a manual car licence and the test vehicle must be fitted with a capability to select the gears manually. This does not have to be demonstrated during test.

Having passed your CAT C test, the full licence will come back with a CE provisional. You cannot drive a CE until you have that licence but you can drive CAT C on the pass certificate.

Any more queries, just fire away. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Can take both back to back as far as I know bud… Auto testing has been put back too I think.