Intro & Advice for an Oldish Newbie

Hi All

New to the site and fairly new to the job, held class 2 for 4 years and class 1 for 2 years. Left Military 2 years ago, aged 40, taking the LGV training and tests with a civilian organisation as part of my re-settlement training. Was hoping to get work in Spain, where I live with my wife, but had the same as everyone else, no experience no job. Then the recession hit and that was it, no chance. I had to return to the UK and am working for an agency, driving class 1&2 for clothes retailers, supermarkets and kitchen companies, all different tractor units and trailers/fridges. It has been the best thing that I could have done as it has given me an insight and some well needed experience and practice. Reversing is still a bit of an issue on class 1, but then I never seem to be on the same combi long enough to get a feel for it, but am getting there. Had major issue last week putting it on a bay using good side, so tight, no way of getting lock off and that was with the help of another experienced driver, tonight though gave the same place a go on my blind side, more room and hey presto in first time with me getting out once to makesure I wasn’t going in to tight.

Anyway enough of me rambling on, I have PM a couple of people on the site asking for any contacts or advice that they may be able to give and thought I would open it up. I really want to get a job back in Spain, so I can see my wife a little bit more than once every 2 months or so, or get on a run from the UK to south Spain on a regular basis. Can anyone help?

Anyway sorry if I have bored you all to death, great reading everyone else’s posts and I promise I shall make my next one a bit lighter.

Cheers and safe driving.

Hiyyaaa neilsp252, & welcome :smiley: